Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do people really think this?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by lordofericstan, Oct 19, 2006.

1. lordofericstan

lordofericstan IncGamers Member

Do people really think this?

Does everyone on here think this? I hope not... I certainly dont think so. I am in fact in the finishing stages of my new wolf, Zeus_Lykaios who is a unique build.

2. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Please post details on your new, cool build! We are always on the lookout for new and innovative builds that are fun!

Good luck and Good hunting!
    Kirah

3. lordofericstan

I will once i lvl him up lol, skill wise he is rabies/fury.

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

all are variations on old builds basically - couple of bits and bobs changed doesn't make it really a new build.

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Not me ... that is why I am not "godly" ... b/c i havent made a c/c build ... in lord knows how long ... i have been talking about making a "c/c" fury wolf ... aka vit build ... but ... every time i try i go off on some random build. soo .. no.

6. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

I am actually contemplating a very peculiar PvP druid build. I garuntee few, if any, have tried it too. It probably won't happen right away though. I'm not gonna spoil it yet either by sharing it.

7. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

Zeus_Lykaios, eh? Hmm... Does your new build involve sacrificing new-born children? :wink3:

8. Dako

Dako IncGamers Member

You want original?

My friend and I had an idea for a crazy build. A barbarian with maxed Increased Stamina, Increased Speed, and Frenzy. He would wear loads of items the give to faster run/walk and have an inventory full of small charms of inertia! He would be called: iR-fast. We pictured him just being a blur on the screen as he duels.

That's original!

9. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Been done :(

10. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Faster run/walk Frenzy barbs are so 1.09...as TTP said taking an existing build and changing one skill doesn't really constitute a 'new' build. This game is over 6 years old, there is only so many combinations of skills that actually work.

Least used char builds IMO;

Shockbear
    Geddonbear
    (any) Martial arts sin
    Spearzons
    Poison dagger necro
    Mindslayer sin
    Then all the sacrifice pally, bash barb type ones etc...

11. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

I'm trying out this Static Hunger build right now for my hunger bear--lvl 71 so far. There's always new stuff to try, just it has to be proven, so I'll just have to see how it goes and hit u guys back, I hope it works desc:wink3:

Honestly, I don't think that a lot of theses old "godly" guides, before Rabies/Fury, were that amazing... if anything they're pretty flawed and outdated from a few I read. The fireclaw, for example, could use a lil' updating

The thing that pisses me off though about some of these newer so called guides people start, is its like... they all have to do with throwing random crap together with no apparent correlation at all-- no thinking half the stuff through like...hmmmmm, "that would swing at 15 frames, but OH WELL I'll just use it anyways because it'd look cool"...lol, I mean is it that hard to take 2 min to check up on a few things. I'm not claiming to be perfect either 'cause I've made some boo boos here and there...but, If its gonna' be labeled a guide then it doesn't have to be "Godly" but it should have some sorta mechanism that your shooting for and 2ndly...work, and if it doesn't then it's just not worth posting it as a guide... post it under "noob fun"
    Sry, just annoyed by all this mindless runecombo name-dropping. "Lets throw a dragon with an infinity and bramble and swing fireclaw with an infinity polearm" LOL thoughts? flames?

12. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I was thinking about a pvp/pvm Martyr, using a synergised Sacrifice with Fanaticism as main aura and synergy. It's a nice chunky 1-hit attack that's not charge or smite. You could even go around and use Redemption (maxed as a synergy) to heal. I'd say it wouldn't be as good as a Zealot due to the attack speed being 8 frames max, but it would be interesting. Essentially the same gear as a Zealot, with Grief to take advantage of the huge +dmg% from Sacrifice. You'd need max DR% all the time to soften the damage returned to you.

It's an idea at least.

13. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

been done also

14. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Poison dagger necro

Since they introduced Treachery.. there leet now :)

15. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Well Mr. Smarty McSmartypants, what would you call a Taunt Barb? You know, a Barb based entirely around the skill Taunt (which provides massive damage reduction) and PDR (which works with Taunt much like it works with ES and can outright eliminate most damage)? Ever heard of one of those before?:tongue:

There are also things like a Mercomancer who builds bonewalls and pokes through the bars with a long spear, or a Frost Nova Sorceress, or a Furywolf who doesn't deal physical damage, he pumps Molten Boulder and Fissure and wields dual-phoenixes for the ctc Firestorm, or a Hydrastrafer (Dragon + Strafe). Every one of those builds has two things in common- first, it's completely Hell-viable, and second, I've never heard anyone ever mention a word about any of them.

New builds still exist. They're just harder to find these days.:smiley:

Not that "leet". A slvl 50 PD with the Venom from Treachery deals 2631.4 damage per second. The problem is, a slvl 38 Poison Explosion does more than that, all by itself, and a slvl 50 Poison Explosion, Poison Nova, or Plague Javelin all deal more than 4000 damage per second.

Even if you add Trang's and Bramble to double-synergize the Venom, Poison Dagger will still always be the slowest killer even just on the left side of the Poison and Bone tab.

Just because a bug/feature/exploit exists doesn't mean it always makes a skill powerful.:azn:

16. levitikus

levitikus IncGamers Member

Are there any guides for these interesting builds at all? Cuz i am now interested.. Thanks for reinvigorating my interest in the game with mentioning these builds. The fury fire wolf, the frost nova sorc and the plague javazon.. sound like fun and very legit survivors.

17. lordofericstan

lol, i didnt think anyone would understand the name.

18. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

There is 1 or 2 poison javazon guides in the ama forum, might wanna go check em :>

19. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

Heh heh. SSoG, you have one heck of a fertile imagination. Where do you come up with these things? I got a hearty laugh out of imagining a necro skewering monsters through a bonewall with a long stick, or the HydraStrafer. Smart, creative, fun-sounding.

Hm, I've given up softcore recently, and now am playing only Hard Core, untwinked. Which puts limits on how many of these I can try out (since most runewords are now an utter impossibility for me). But the spear-toting poking-through-bonewall necro sounds like a lot of fun, and maybe he wouldn't be too runeword-dependent, eh? Hm.... You thinking this guys would use a Blessed Aim merc to keep his chance-to-hit up? Any minions at all? Though I guess these questions are better suited for the Necro forum...

If you have any other suggestions for fun novel builds suitable for Hard Core, untwinked, please let me/us know!

20. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Most of the guides are pretty simple and straightforward. The Fury Fire Wolf = dual-phoenix, paired with 20 in Fissure and Molten Boulder (or you could use a Phoenix Shield and a superfast weapon with 20 in Fireclaws). Frost Nova Sorc just maxes FN and all of its synergies- well synergized, a Frost Nova actually deals more damage than a standard Nova. For a secondary skill, either get Firewall (20 in Firewall, 1 in Fire Mastery) or maybe Energy Shield if you don't care about having a way to kill immunes. Remember to put more points into Telekinesis than Energy Shield or your mana orb will get positively hammered.

The cheapest and easiest hardcore deviant build would be a Hunger-based werebear. Get Hunger and a 4-frame weapon (you can make one by double-shaeling a magical Champion Axe of Quickness, for instance), then load up on elemental damage and crushing blow. Fast attack + CB + Elemental will kill enemies in a hurry, while the leech from Hunger gives you a very high degree of safety.

The Mercomancer is also very cheap to build, but very very hard to play. I'd recommend taking one through Hell in softcore, first, because until you get VERY good at bonewalling and boneprisoning, you're going to get hammered a lot. Once you get the hang of it, you can equip any fat 2-handed weapon with range 3 or better and just smack stuff through the bars. Very gear and skill independent, very tough to play.