Do most schools get President's Day off?

Darkie

Diabloii.Net Member
Do most schools get President's Day off?

Ive seen a couple of times commercials for marathons on tv channels saying something like, "because you dont have school tommorow, we're giving you an all-day marathon!" This kinda pisses me off, because I've never gotten Presidents Day off before, no schools in my area do. Any of yall get/remember if you get President's Day off?

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
I did in high school, and it's one of the few holidays (Thanksgiving and 2 weeks for Christmas are the other ones) my college is closed for.

Darkie

Diabloii.Net Member
That really pisses me off, but it might be because of Mardi Gras. I just remembered that. I live in south Louisiana and we get all of next week off for Mardi Gras, that may be why. Bu still, it pisses me off.

Orion241

Diabloii.Net Member
Not in my college we don't. Neither do any of my other friends who are in college. Maybe it's just an elementary/high school thing. My brother has off and he's in 8th grade. :mad:

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
Broncobiv2 said:
Stupid University of Arizona. At least I only have one class on Monday.

lol, my friend in Tucson said he didnt get monday off either, but I, in Phoenix get the day off, along with all my friends... o_O

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Darkie said:
That really pisses me off, but it might be because of Mardi Gras. I just remembered that. I live in south Louisiana and we get all of next week off for Mardi Gras, that may be why. Bu still, it pisses me off.
you get a damn week off for mardi gras, which most likely no school outside of louisiana even recognizes, yet you're complaining about 1 day that a lot of schools don't get off..?

my school used today as a make up day for snow..

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
I get monday and tuesday off, not too shabby. Especially since I actually forgot the middle of the Pledge once. :embarrass
:thumbsup:

Broncobiv2

Diabloii.Net Member
Mecal said:
lol, my friend in Tucson said he didnt get monday off either, but I, in Phoenix get the day off, along with all my friends... o_O
Are you in college or HS? I have a friend at ASU that had to go to school Monday.