Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

do (Ice) bow amazons suck?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DemonAbuse, Apr 21, 2016.

1. DemonAbuse

DemonAbuse IncGamers Member

I enjoy using a bow amazon only but i hear they arent worth it, is this so or just BS opinion??? Im new but i only play HC so I dont want to waste time on a build that is going to be useless in hell.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

It's really bow dependent. What are you using? I've finished hell with several frozen arrow / strafe hybrids. (Strafe for cold immunes, and to leach life and mana.) My best set up was Windforce as a primary bow, and Witchwild String on switch to use the normal Magic Arrow attack on cold / physical immunes. Not the fastest killer in the game, but safe and effective, and pretty darn good in the Pit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. DemonAbuse

im starting a new amazon however I saved the runes to make "edge" I just need to find a 3 socceted bow in normal that is worthy of all the hard work i put into producing that material ( many countess runs ) and muling for the 1st time ever. whats the lowest 3 soccett bow youd use for edge? Im glad I was being anal about putting it on and normal 3 socceted long bow becasue atleast i still have it in my mule account, but i still have the problem of finding the right bow to make my 1st rune word on. is there a lvl req for edge?

a really awasome guy gave me kuko shakaku once and i feel in love, where do those drop?

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

If you don't have ATMA yet, it's worth getting for the drop calculator alone. Kuko is a nice levelling bow, as is Ravenclaw. Skystrike is a personal favorite of mine through Nightmare, especially with the chance to cast Meteor.

I prefer to start with Strafe, and add the cold arrow tree after Normal, but that's just personal preference.

5. DemonAbuse

no im going to find out about it now, thanks you are really helpful! are PMs allowed on here?

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Sure, they're called conversations.