Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do guided arrow and freezing arrow really hit automatically? der=0

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by volair, Aug 28, 2006.

1. volair

volair IncGamers Member

Do guided arrow and freezing arrow really hit automatically?

I had a bad experience with my amazon in hell mode. People told me not to bother with penetrate because guided arrow and freezing arrow automatically hit. I was horrified to learn that this is false. I could only hit about half the time, even with guided arrow. Is there an explanation for this? If they automatically hit, then why does freezing arrow give you an attack rating bonus? Why would I be missing so much?

2. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

i think only the cold part automatically hits with freezing arrow....

3. volair

volair IncGamers Member

That makes sense for the freezing arrow. I'm still confused about guided arrow though. I was only able to hit with it about half the time.

4. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

It hits automaticly(or 95% of time... Im not sure), but it's still blockable, and most of monsters do have a set chance to block. Most of monsters also dont have a blocking animation, so a succesfull "block" just looks like a simple miss most of the time. Especially act bosses have chances that are close to 50% IIRC.

-edit- of course the above apply only if by "I was able to hit only half of the time" you mean thah only some of the arrows that actually get to a monster cause damage. Always hits don't mean that the arrows will always chase the monster till they hit or get blocked. They sometimes lose their track just like "normal homing missiles":laugh:

-edit2- for example: hell baal chance to block: 55%, succubus chance to block: 50%. check arreat summit for various monster stats including chance to block.