Do gore Riders help Skellies much?

Jayman450

Diabloii.Net Member
Do gore Riders help Skellies much?

^^^ I have a trang's skelliemancer, using marowalks atm getting bone armour to about 900 damage abasorb. But if the make a nice bonus to killing speed i'd rather switch.

Asheron

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Nightfish mentioned Gores in his guide along with lots of open wounds/crushing blow and whatnot which would help alot against baal.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
The CB and such doesn't tranfer to the Skellies, so why should it help unless actually whacking Baal with your wand. Or does he advocate using something else like a Phase Blade in combo with the Gore Rider?

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Knight said:
Doh .... What mad mantis said :p (he got in first :rant: )
Mad Mantis beats everyone to everything, bastard he is.

You could make an IG out of the goreriders, althought there are better things to make him out of if you're going for effects such as that.

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
Why not just use Fleshripper with the Goreriders against Baal? Using the PD skill you'd get for the AR boost to actually hit things ... unlike a Wand. The combination of these two items seems ideal for a casual Dagger player who just wants to kill the end of Act bosses in a reasonable time.

My hybrid Dagger-Skellimancer is great fun in Nightmare at present. Duriel was just knifed and collapsed with hardly a murmur. My guy is using Spineripper right now and I can hardly wait until he gets to level 66 or so when he can use Fleshripper and Marrowalks just in time for Hell. But I just might keep a change of footwear for him in my stash when facing those Hell Bosses with obscene hitpoints and physical resistances, Goreriders have a lot going for them :D

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
PDagger AR also works with wands :D

and swords, axes, maces, staves, polearms, spears, bows, and crossbows.

You just don't get the godly poison damage :(

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:

No, but you do get the joy of having a necro tanking with a BOTD Archron Staff (drools)

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:

I know it is said to work with them by Mad Mantis but there is no valid display to tell you your chance to hit. So why not use a dagger and get the display and the poison as well, besides that the Fleshripper is much better than most "swords, axes, maces, staves, polearms, spears, bows, and crossbows" that a Necro can weild easilly. And it just looks so mean and in-character for a Necro to be running around stabbing stuff with your dagger.

Mad Mantis

memememe173 said:
No, but you do get the joy of having a necro tanking with a BOTD Archron Staff (drools)
Make a Meleemancer. That weapon is obscenely good and wasted on a Skelliemancer.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Make a Meleemancer. That weapon is obscenely good and wasted on a Skelliemancer.
I don't have it:hanky: ...It just haunts my dreams:sleep: ...Makes an honest man wanna hack...:bonk:

Mad Mantis

Don't I know it. Whenever I look at the rune word list I get really frustrated. So many rune words...... :jig: :bonk: