Do Cold Mastery and Conviction stack?

CiaoBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Does Cold Mastery stack with Conviction or with Lower Resist?

Or is it still impossible to lower a monster beyond -100 resist?

-CiaoBoy

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
-100% is a hard cap, nothing will bring anything under that cap.
It is however possible that Conviction breaks a Cold Immunity, at which points Cold Mastery takes full effect.

Hyey

Diabloii.Net Member
Zarhrezz said:
-100% is a hard cap, nothing will bring anything under that cap.
It is however possible that Conviction breaks a Cold Immunity, at which points Cold Mastery takes full effect.
No you would not be able to "break" cold immunity, because CM itself is a cold skill, the monster is immune to it :)

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think Convinction can break immunities (flame me :D ). Lower Resist can for sure, still looking for a lower resist charged wand or something. Any ideas where to find one ? :)

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Harby said:
I dont think Convinction can break immunities (flame me :D ). Lower Resist can for sure, still looking for a lower resist charged wand or something. Any ideas where to find one ? :)
Buy it? Forgot in which difficulty, but i think it was hell. Bought one their in Act4.

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Hyey said:
No you would not be able to "break" cold immunity, because CM itself is a cold skill, the monster is immune to it :)
That's why my post stated that Conviction can break the immunity, at which point Cold Mastery takes full effect.

On the topic of Lower Resistance wands to break Cold Immunities: Nice idea, but forget it. Almost every single monster in hell has a base cold resistance over 100%, making it impossible for Lower Resist to break (Lower Resist and Conviction work at 1/5th their usual % on immunes). Conviction can break an immunity of up to 129% (120% in practice), charges Lower Resist can only break 107% (100% effectively). And you won't find monsters with only 100% unless you try really, really hard. Lower Resist charges are nice to increase your killing speed for non-cold builds though.

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont need LR to break immunities to be honest but to kill faster bosses like DC (where are those paladins when you need em ? ^^ ) etc. I dont have a prob with immunes, merc takes them down just fine ;)

core1000

Diabloii.Net Member
Zarhrezz said:
That's why my post stated that Conviction can break the immunity, at which point Cold Mastery takes full effect.

On the topic of Lower Resistance wands to break Cold Immunities: Nice idea, but forget it. Almost every single monster in hell has a base cold resistance over 100%, making it impossible for Lower Resist to break (Lower Resist and Conviction work at 1/5th their usual % on immunes). Conviction can break an immunity of up to 129% (120% in practice), charges Lower Resist can only break 107% (100% effectively). And you won't find monsters with only 100% unless you try really, really hard. Lower Resist charges are nice to increase your killing speed for non-cold builds though.
Nah, you are all wrong.

The Arreat Summit says that Conviction and Lower Resists can break Immunities, but they will work at 20% effectiveness after 100% resistance.

Immunity can go up to 200% resistance... Try stacking Cold Enchanted with Cold Immunity.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
core1000 said:
Nah, you are all wrong.

The Arreat Summit says that Conviction and Lower Resists can break Immunities, but they will work at 20% effectiveness after 100% resistance.

Immunity can go up to 200% resistance... Try stacking Cold Enchanted with Cold Immunity.
Cold resistance can be much higher - Gargoyle Traps, for instance, have 1000% cold resistance. I don't see where you disagree with Zarhrezz, though.

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
What he thinks is that cold mastery works at 20% efficiency even after an immunity is broken but this is wrong. The conviction works at 20% effect, for example 100% conviction on a 119% cold resistance monster will take it down to 99% resistance, and then cold mastery takes over and lowers it by the listed percentage. So at slvl 37+ you're at its maximum being -100%.