/dnd? A clan scam?

Seymour_Fluxx

Diabloii.Net Member
/dnd? A clan scam?

This person whos clan I am trying to join is telling me to type /dnd *power rating*(account)(pass) is this a scam?

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
Even though you can't type your pass in channels - AFAIK - don't tempt your luck. Use common sense, would you ever give your credit card number to some one? Of course not, so don't give out your password either.

Si1enta5sa5sin

Diabloii.Net Member
/dnd activates 'do not disturb' mode, which, when messaged says THIS PERSON IS IN DO NOT DISTURBED MODE (and has the thing you typed after it here).

edit:
shadow what are you talking about you can type your pass in channels...

Dracoy

Diabloii.Net Member
If u type ur password in the channel blizzard's new feature doesnt let u anymore.

So lets say my pass was SexyMonkey

I type it in a channel itll come out a blank line and blizz will pop up a msg saying dont type ur pass etc

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Next time someone tries to make you give away acc and pass like this, write:
/dnd Did you really think I was that dumb? Go buy a cup of intelligence or something.

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearox said:
Next time someone tries to make you give away acc and pass like this, write:
/dnd Did you really think I was that dumb? Go buy a cup of intelligence or something.
good one...i gotta remember that

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Seymour_Fluxx said:
This person whos clan I am trying to join is telling me to type /dnd *power rating*(account)(pass) is this a scam?

That's a pretty old scam. I can't believe people still use that.

Jugalator

Diabloii.Net Member
And now, just because you know you shouldn't do that /dnd thing (unless using it properly like "/dnd out shopping"), don't fall for the /away thing either. :)

Unholy_Carnage

Diabloii.Net Member
/dnd appears to be the choice scam for clanbees. I prefer to join clans to pilfer their stuff and mock them. I havent joined one yet, because they always want me to give them my pass/change my name to have their tag, 2 things i will never do.

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
GIR said:
I can't believe people still fall for it.
I think it was PT Barnum that said there's a sucker born every minute. These warnings are like immunizations in that there's newbs born here everyday that have absolutely no defense against the few remaining harbingers of malicious/virulent trickery. They rip open the shrink-wrap, install D2X, and jump online and then realize, "I think I need to read the game manual."

Basil

Diabloii.Net Member
This was done to "activate" the anialus charm the guy dropped and picked up. I am new to this, did not know what the hell he was talking about, and stupidly di this, all my stash, my 2 eaglehorns were gone though i immediately changed the pass word. The guys name was Itz Michael. I learned the lesson the hard way. Some really good people took pity and gave me some armor and a bow, but I am nowhere near what is lost. On the chat I saw a guy trading 3 things that were rare in my stash, and it made me think he may of been in on it. I beleive in Karma, and am hoping the IRS is auditing his taxes!!!