Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dmg Red // Max Resist // Sockets

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Staline, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Staline

Staline IncGamers Member

Dmg Red // Max Resist // Sockets

I have a few half-newbie questions that I need to be answered so I can continue to waste hours and hours on battle net :uhhuh:

Damage reduced

I'm wondering guys, is that true that the maximum dmg reduced on a caracter is 50% ?! So if i have allready a COA (15%) and a SS (35%), it is useless to have a Verdungos (15%) ?!!

Maximum resist

Almost the same question here, is the maximum fire/cold/light/poison for a caracter is really 95% ?! So it's impossible to get 100% resist, even with a templar coat and something else that gives +10 to max resist ?

Sockets

If I have a jewel with 40% enhanced damage and I put it in a one socket armor, will it be useless ?? Will it be doing 40% on ALL my weapons (my two barb swords or my two claws) or only on the damage caused by the armor ?!!
    I mean, is the magical propreties of the jewel will be reflected on all my suit or only on the piece socketed with ?

Thanks for helping :evil:

2. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Yes.

Yes. Not possible to get 100%. 95% is the max

The jewel will increase the damage you do regardless of weapon type. And armors do not cause damage.

3. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Yeah, sadly it is.

95% is the capping max, but I believe for you stock on over 95%. Why? Well supposedly, if you get hit by conviction or lower resist curse, your overall total resist for that element is calculated towards that reduction(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not 100% sure on this one, I've heard that it was still buggy... but I was under the impression it would affect both weapons if you dual wield, but with respect to their base dmg of that weapon? Some say it's towards the total physical dmg that you do with that weapon if it's in armor.

Edit= D'oh faye beat me.

4. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

Resists are capped at 95%, yes. There are, however items which add elemental absorption (either by a specific amount or by percentage) and these combined with max resists can effectively give you near-immunity.

5. BloodAndRoses

BloodAndRoses IncGamers Member

For the "enhanced damage" jewel in non-weapons, the boost isn't as high as you would expect. It counts as strength/dexterity (depending oh whichever is used to calculate your weapon damage) instead of being added to your weapon's base damage. In other words, if you had a 100 damage weapon and 100 strength, you should be doing 200 damage. If you hadd 100% enhanced damage armor, you could now be doing 300 damage (100 damage with 200 strength) not 400 (200 damage weapon with 100 strength).