Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+Dmg items and hunger skill question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by batuchka, Jun 12, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

+Dmg items and hunger skill question

Hi all! Ok i am fiddling with an idea of a strange bear build that uses a grief pb and hunger for pvm. Now hunger skill has -75% damage according to AS. Is this strictly physical, elemental or both? Also how does +dmg from grief, asterons, etc come into play - i.e does it still do -75%dmg still? I am curious as to when this -75% dmg is applied - ed from skill, total final damage, etc? Thks in advance to anyone who could enlighten me :D

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

the -75% reduces the final dmg, including elemental. Damage +x is no exception.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Edit: Listen to RTB instead of me:)

4. batuchka

Ah well thks a mil RTB and Chimaira :p Guess dats a build dats out :(

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I just got done doing that with a 40% ias grief phase. I didnt like it as much as I liked a carrion wolf. I thought I could stand in the middle of a pack of monsters and hunger away. Not true. I was also hoping that the very large amout of life leech would work in duels....

That wasnt true eather.

6. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

I think you should have much better luck with a titan wolf using feral rage than bear using hunger. Hunger is strictly for leaching life from weak monsters.

7. xpumafangx

So your saying feral rage life leech works in duels? If I can get the damage high enuff? I will study it and post a tread about it.

8. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

Tried it, and honestly leech is handicapped way too much to see the benefit of leech that you would from say life tap or even a .09 duel. For PvM feral still works wonders, and at this point the only use I see for feral rage is minion leech and frw to catch casters in pvp.

9. batuchka

I have tried to experiment how fast a wolfbarb attacks/leech by slapping on a wolfhowl + eth oath bb on my mfbarb and with lvl 8 feral rage attained from +6feral wolfhowl+highlords+skullders (4-40% leech) and life tap triggering (from dracs) it seem he leeched big time but i do not think it could work in PvP (and might be BM too) Wonder how it'll be like if one slapped on 2*11% ll crafted blood rings, life tap and feral rage's innate life leech though hehe Also it is commonly known that the feral attack rates for wereforms using this calculator:

http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/wereformadvanced.html

are inaccurate - is this a fact or has it been updated? One has to input 'standard' attack to calculate feral rage fpas for wolfbarb and an oath bb hits 8 fpa while inputting 'feral rage' it states 6 fpa (which seemed more like what i was hitting at) :(

10. xpumafangx

DANG YOU ALL!!!! I had my hopes up...

Was about to trade to get a freaken perfect cerbuses bite and all.