Disturbing Childern's Song

ThereIsNoTruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my true thoughts on that thing aren't allowed on these boards, but I will say it is the most screwed up thing I've ever read that is supposed to be for kids.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
personally, I like it. it reminds me of the good old days when kids were allowed and even encouraged to be emotionally scarred. read some of the old fairy tales cause this song is STILL tame.

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
Today 06:34 PM
Damascus Have you guys ever actually looked at nursery ryhmes?

I remember this one nursery rhyme about a girl getting her pig shaved or something and it ended
"and we'll give him a pinch of snuff."
O-o

-DB

Satrina

Diabloii.Net Member
All sorts of Nursery Ryhmes and Kiddy songs are odd. I mean please, how can hearing about a baby falling out of a tree be comforting to an infant?! Reminds me why I sang the Brady Bunch song and crap like that to my daughter when she was ickle :)

cowgoesmoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Nursery rhymes

A lot of nursery rhymes are based around disturbing events in history. For example: "Ring around the Rosy" is based on the wounds that a person would show if they were infected with the black death/bubonic plague.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
cowgoesmoo said:
A lot of nursery rhymes are based around disturbing events in history. For example: "Ring around the Rosy" is based on the wounds that a person would show if they were infected with the black death/bubonic plague.

I was just about to mention Ring Around the Rosy myself. On a related note, if you guys find Cannibal King disturbing, you should try reading the original versions of Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel sometime. :lol:

simplyLost

Diabloii.Net Member
zodiac66 said:
I don't get it either.
the first bit of the song is refering to the cannibal king and his lover mating.. and then having childern.. and then.. everyone dies.. maybe the king eats them? he is a cannibal after all..

dantose said:
actually it isn't
"Ring Around the Rosie" is simply a nursery rhyme of indefinite origin and no specific meaning
is it me.. or did this site just contradict itself.. by saying that the plague idea is wrong.. because no one actually knows the real origin?

-Lost