Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Discussion : enchantress with Lit / Cold mastery

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by wy4251, Feb 1, 2004.

1. wy4251

wy4251 IncGamers Member

Discussion : enchantress with Lit / Cold mastery

I have heard too many people saying enchantress should max lit / cold mastery without realizing some important facts.

The concept of fire/ light mastery boosting damage
    When you cast enchant that on skill tab says + 3000 ~4000 damage, it's like having an invisible item/ charm that gives you + 3000~4000 damage which will disappear after enchant wears off. Now, mastery multiply the + elemental damage from equips/ charms when sorc melee, so enchant is multiplied again with fire mastery.

Then..

Fire / Light Mastery doesn't boost damage when you go ranged. (the character screen damage shown is not reliable when you go ranged). So maxing light mastery is totally useless for ranged enchantress (unless you want to max another light spell, which is not the case).
    (Side Note: kuku's +fire damage is not multiplied.)
    In other words, when you use weapon such as gimmershred, you actuallly need to melee with this flying axe to have mastery boosting the damage. (so for those who claim they kick *** with gimmershred and light mastery.. I wonder how they actually do it..melee with gimmershred is kinda like a joke)

Cold mastery lowers opponent's resis, which works the same melee or ranged. Too bad, the + cold damage is usually much less than + light damage. (As a result, Maxing orb with x pt in cold mastery instead seems to work better for some people)

In Bear form, we get to melee with ranged weapon -- however, most ranged weapons that grant high elemental damage are slow.

Max light mastery or cold mastery is not a bad idea.. but not in the "oh it will boost my ranged damage" sense. You can find a good elemental melee weapon and use it. Example, max cold mastery, turn into bear, attack with Azurewrath at 8 frame per attack (fastest human form is 10 fpa). Or, max light mastery, get a weapon with Shocking mod, quick mod, etc.. YOu get the idea.

2. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

Where did you hear that it doesn't work with ranged?

Seems to work for me.

3. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

how do you get bear form with any item other than BEAST and if you hold beast then how can you hold azure wrath?

thnx
    noob stef

4. wy4251

wy4251 IncGamers Member

shapeshift with Beast, then change weapon.

5. Philoio

Philoio IncGamers Member

Can someone give us a second opinion?

My bow sorc was about to start pumping lightning mastery… Will my lightning damage increase?

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

MongoJerry covers this in his Enchantress guide...but I forget what the answer was!
    well its on the front page anyhow