Discuss my lvl 30 v/t build

Jesse

Diabloii.Net Member
Discuss my lvl 30 v/t build

Hai
I just wanna present my lvl 30 v/t and discuss my build.
I didnt want to play wit 1foh and 1smite slot. so i tried to have only 1 slot for both foh AND smite.
I think my playstyle is much faster than with 2 separate slots. I can swich skills while charging. And i have a free slot.

Items:

Helm: Peasant atm. rare circ would be better ofc but i cant afford one that beats peasant
Weapon: 2pc 3foh "shalshael" scepter atm ofc one with 10fc/2pc/3foh/3fana/3conv would be better but...im glad i got a 2pc/3foh^^
Shield: spirit akran targe 1st with [email protected] and 2nd with 65ed
Armor: spirit shroud/viper
belt: string/deaths
amu: 2 pc life/mana/...
Rings: 2*soj
Boots: cow king atm
Gloves: up bloods
2nd slot: insight rune staff atm but im looking for a nice 1h charge weapon
inv: 15ers with adds

with >= lvl 7 fana i need 50 ias for 6frames smite

Skills:

Holy shield: max = 7
smite: rest = 15
holy shock: max = 7
conviction: max = 1
fanatism:max = 1

stats:
str: 59
dex: 52 (72 with items) = max block
vita: rest

i got 128x life and 60x mana wit my equip (with better charms >1,3/8xx)
foh dmg: 603-677 with -60 res
smite dmg: 412-467 ([email protected]) / 451-511 /65ed)

what do u think?
what would be a good 1h charge weapon?

Hmmer

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Discuss my lvl 30 v/t build

i dont think charging will be a essential atack since u will mostly use it to move arround (and u will probably pot alote), and remember u will require Ar for it to hit, so no point imo :)xD.

Hope my answer helps, have fun .

Jesse

Diabloii.Net Member

i dont think charging will be a essential atack since u will mostly use it to move arround (and u will probably pot alote), and remember u will require Ar for it to hit, so no point imo :)xD.

Hope my answer helps, have fun .
well i play europe ladder and pots are bm so i dont pot. usually i use insight on 2nd slot but sometimes nice charge dmg woud help.
i think my ar will be ~1,5k and that should be enough vs caster.
especially 2h chargers would be easier.

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member

i wouldnt even attempt to make it until you get both foh and conviction on the same scepter. +1 skills are (imo) better over all to raise conviction as well as foh. most v/t i've met use a foh scepter/spirit shield and then a smite set up on switch (typical set up of comb/+fanat/ias blue scepter and idk what shield). you shouldnt be using insight as a switch (again imo).

this build is a nice one, but ive met so many bad ones and only a few good ones. it's not a beginner build that's for sure.

Jesse

Diabloii.Net Member

i wouldnt even attempt to make it until you get both foh and conviction on the same scepter. +1 skills are (imo) better over all to raise conviction as well as foh. most v/t i've met use a foh scepter/spirit shield and then a smite set up on switch (typical set up of comb/+fanat/ias blue scepter and idk what shield). you shouldnt be using insight as a switch (again imo).

this build is a nice one, but ive met so many bad ones and only a few good ones. it's not a beginner build that's for sure.
my build works so far.
its hard vs hammers but my chances vs most others were quite good.

and ye a nice scepter is hard to get. :cry:
but do u really think 1all>2pc?...hmm 4 base smite dmg + 45-44 foh dmg vs. -5res
Generally i wanna try a build with smite and foh in 1 slot. Atm im trying to get scepter with 2pc, 3foh and fana/conv but its not easy to find one @ ladder.
i wont put skills into foh since foh got 4 preskills...
Foh and smite splitted in 2 slots would cripple my playstyle especially vs. caster.
once smited foh always stuns and i love that vs caster. imo the only way to stick to casters. 2-3 smites till they are out of range, 1 foh, short charge and smite again. its hard to escape
besides i woudnt lose much dmg with a better scepter and a 65ed spirit.
Ahh something else: what about shoes? ck are nice but also i thought about tearhaunch.
And another question: How much res do u think are gm vs ~40 es sorc with insight swich?

ok more opinions please and sry for my english

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

On my old v/t I actually liked using a smite and FotH switch. As cdm mentioned a blue scepter with fanaticism is the way to go in terms of a weapon, if memory serves me right you can shop these from Drognan in hell (there may be better vendors, but Drognan has a lot and is easy to reset if the town gate is right next to him).

In terms of a shield, a Rhyme barbed is a good all around option. An up-ed Swordback can be nice against barbs (open wounds will keep them in range rather than taking long clipping whirls). Ideally a nice (blue) monk's barbed shield of deflecting can be nice for the additional skill and possibility of two sockets.

Other than that, gear looks solid. You may want to think about a pair of Goblin Toes for the crushing blow. As far as res goes, maximum is what you should aim for, there's no way this isn't "gm" against sorcs. Switching between shield setups can be a little confusing at first, but with a little practice you'll get used to it and it will really help you optimize your damage.