Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Discontinuing Vanilla Frosting

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by fearedbliss, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fearedbliss

fearedbliss Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all,

After many years of developing VF, I've decided to discontinue it. Given that Singling requires a lot of time to update (With bug fixes and all of that), and given that it is FAM and in a good state, I want to encourage more people to play regular Diablo II. There's already enough content from 1.00 to 1.14 and time traveling to keep us all happy. So for those reasons, I feel it's best to stop VF development and just focus on Singling and improving FAM/Time Traveling. This change will also be reflected on the Xyinn Network which will only allow Vanilla and FAM games.

- Jonathan

2. Jamie

Jamie Diabloii.Net Member

What is this all about? I'm hoping to become a lot more active amongst the single player world. I've been a member for a few years here, but I haven't played much and have just started up again. I quit b.net a few years back because I finally had it with bots and dupes and was so happy to discover this forum. I'm hoping to meet some cool people that can help with showing me the ropes and getting started trading and hopefully playing with other people via dueling and what not.

Kitteh likes this.
  3. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

People are always happy to help here, don't be afraid to ask :)

Jamie likes this.
  4. fearedbliss

fearedbliss Diabloii.Net Member

Jamie likes this.
  5. Jamie

Awesome thanks for the replies! Is it pretty active still then? I had a couple stints of single player before where I tried to utilize this forum and join the community, but I really don't remember how it went lmao. Other than my first attempt I lost all my files in a hard drive crash. I still have my characters from about a year or two ago when I started back up again. I use Go Mule and RWM.

I have a level 86 sorceress, a level 41 bowzon I started up a couple weeks ago or so and a level 20 sin from the first time. Best finds were from when I started my sorceress last time.. 50 MF travs, eth reapers toll, 10fcr/dex/energy/FR/LR ring and a cool rare jewel... I know this isn't the place for this though lol.

I don't remember if I ever traded before. I think the very first time I started to, but I don't recall what all I exactly have to do. I guess I have a lot of reading to do. If you guys have any helpful info I would very very much appreciate it.. like any links or pms. I hope its still active though as I have so much playing to do to get the characters and gear I want lol. I'm hoping there will be dueling.. lld mld hld... pub baal or cow runs for fun.. stuff like that would be awesome. just want an active community that is based on a legit version of the game!

6. Jamie

Sorry for bumping this.... I was trying to get a good map for Lower Kurast.. and I found one with lots of chests.. well I was checking out the other spots I like to MF.. I did pindle and then I bypass the next area to the one after that since I'm Blizz sorc and the first one is all cold immunes and then the next is mostly fire and lit.. well I got to the evil urn that always seems to be there, hit it... spawned a pack of the little tiny arrow shooter dudes... and what do I see, but a Gold colored Dimensional Shard!!! Never have found one on b.net or single player before unless I forgot about it, which I doubt I did. So stoked, had to come post about it hahaha~~~. saved and exit and came here.. haven't Id'd it yet.. fingers crossed :D

Does anyone else MF this area? Its been a place ive always liked to hit up since back in the 1.10 days. GREAT for finding socketable items and Ive always had pretty good luck as far as other items go. its a very high level area. ive found some Templars mights.. ik armor.. grandfather.. and I know I found one high rune there. this was all b.net back before I got really going on single player. My history of finding high runes is very abysmal. hoping I can turn it around with some LK

Ended up being terrible stats. 19 CD.. 34/31 resist I think..

what player level is best for running LK?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017