Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Disbanding and Reforming the Clans

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by liquid_mage, Sep 23, 2014.

1. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

Yesterday Xanth updated the INC Gamers HC North Clan comments with a note that INC Gamers wants to disband and reform the clans. As a member of the North clan i'm a little concerned as we currently have a great core group of players. We have 25-30 members on in the prime time hours, and i've even seen 15 people on at 9am est on weekend mornings. Originally we were the smallest of the 3 inc gamers clans after the first reformation. We grew by inviting dedicated players looking for a good home and now we have a great community.

I'd like to suggest reforming East and West first. It is my understanding that these two clans have quite a bit less activity then North. After East and West reform we could see how many spots the new Clan has.

Aahzmadius has done a great job managing the North roster, over the last month we have pruned 20-30 inactive people who had not logged in over the last 3 months. Even after the pruning our roster it has swelled to almost 140 members.

Since the guild management tools are so poor, I did the best I could to determine North's active player base. I took screen shots of the each classes solo leader board for the North clan yesterday. I did this for Seasons and non-Seasons. Then I typed it out as a google spreadsheet and removed double and triple entries. We have 86 members who have registered running a GRift since 2.1 has come out. That also does not account for a few newer players who are a bit more casual, family and friend types.

Please consider the above info into the Inc Gamers Clan reformations. I do not want to lose any members, not have enough room for our current active members, or be able to grow over the next few months because we do not have enough Clan spots.

2. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius Diabloii.Net Member

Just want to echo what liquid_mage said here. No matter what time/day I log on, I rarely have any trouble finding a clan game, and I'd like to keep the North group together. Heck, these days hardly an hour goes by where I don't see an offer in clan chat for a free A1 horadric cache. It's a nice community (Xanth notwithstanding).

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

You would still have all those same great people in the same community. I doubt there's any worry of exceeding the 150 member limit when we reform. The largest number of people you see on any given night is probably a fair approximation of the number of active people you have in the clan. As with any major patch, there's a flurry of activity when the patch is first released, then there is always a fair number of "fair weather" players that drop right off pretty quickly (usually within a couple weeks).

4. Aahzmadius

I'm skeptical of your claim. Can we gather some data over the next week to convince you otherwise? What kind of info would you be looking for? As a first pass, can you re-form only East and West and see how it works out, leaving the North structure in place for awhile?

Thanks for your consideration.

EDIT: I was also curious about what guidelines you were thinking about using for inclusion into the new clan. First-come, first accepted? Total Paragon? Seasonal Paragon? I realize it may not be finalized yet, but I'm just wondering.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  5. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

I would be surprised if there were currently 25 active members, on the extreme high end, in west even this last Saturday we had only 13 online and on any given day we are as low as 3-5. I would not worry too much about West bringing a bunch of players into the fray since many left already because we were so low in attendance. Even when the patch went live we were super low and have actually always been that way.

6. ZappaFan

What kind of data can you gather? I'd be really interested in what kind of data you can provide to show actual activity in North.

As far as guidelines go, the only requirement I would consider is current membership in either N, E or W. I want to find some way to give all current clan members first crack, at least for say a week or so. That would mean making a list of all current members and having all applicants bumped against it. Keep people out that are just looking to join a random clan. If we limit it to current IncHC clan members I'm pretty confident we'll not even approach 150 people - even if North actually has 80 active members (which I highly doubt but I will reserved judgement on that pending whatever sort of data anybody can provide that supports that).

One proviso here, I'm only offering my opinion, this is being discussed between myself, Flux & Xanth. I think the final word will come down from Flux on what direction this all takes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  7. Aahzmadius

Touche. I'm having trouble coming up with anything. Maybe some kind of total Paragon earned in the next week, but without any context it won't mean anything. I also thought of how many log in during the next week, but I have a feeling that isn't going to satisfy Flux, et al either-since it sounds like you're looking for one REALLY active clan.

I will commit to having a fully-updated roster for IncHCN available by the end of September.

[Barney_Voice] Challenge accepted! [/Barney_Voice]

Understood. I'll help as best I can.

8. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

If we're sure that we wouldn't be kicking active players from any of the clans, and preferably stay a bit under the population cap per clan, I'm all for it. If on the other hand, as Aahz and Bulvine have suggested, there may be too many active players between the clans as it is now to comfortably combine into one, I'd be opposed. The community in IncN is great, we have lots of people playing each evening. I'd hate to break up our current clan to reform, only to find that there's not room for everyone with the merger.

So my take on it is collect some data on who is active and make a decision once we have some more precise numbers.

Aahz's suggestion of Paragon earned in a week would be a pretty good indication of who is playing. I would also suggest a list (a version of your Google doc roster maybe?) marked with 'active or inactive' by peoples names based on the paragon/week data, where people can reference it and offer corrections (people who are active, but weren't recognized as such). You could post a link to the doc on the clan announcements page. I think that'd pretty much prevent people from falling through the cracks, and give us a good idea of the real number of actives.

One last note, I know Stutz is going on vacation for like 2 weeks coming up, but he's very active when he's around, so he might be marked as inactive because he wont play for the next little while, but don't kick him! :)

9. ZappaFan

One scenario I personally do NOT want, is to reform and then be at max again, with some current clan members wanting to join but being unable to.

10. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Looks like there has been an exodus of players from West already. Ever since Flux posted the MOTD about the disband we are now down to 103 members and about 4-10 online at any given time. I know a few were just tired of being in an empty clan and I can't blame em it gets tiring for me too.

11. Yoo

Yoo Diabloii.Net Member

If it ends up appearing like we won't have room, why don't we just have two?

One for evening in Canada and other notable countries, like the US. Say 3pm PST - 3am PST and the opposing time for Clan #2.

I'm for having a more active clan. Curse blizzard for not allowing some sort of micro-transactions that would allow them to put more time into D3.... So many things they can do, and it takes FOREVER.

12. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

sp deleted

13. TheDarkSide

14. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

That's the proposal being discussed TDS :) The issue however is whether doing so, even if we remove the inactives from all clans, would result in too few spots available for all of the folks who would like to be in the reformed, single clan.

15. TheDarkSide

I see but also counter with if only 20 from each clan are for sure then that leaves over 90 for nOOBs that might want to join the clan. We see the regulars on a daily basis, maybe , make the clan reqs a bit more than I just got D3 can I join?? perhaps 30 paragon levels or some such?? just brainstorming here....

EDIT --- isn't it 150 per clan ???

EIDT again -- didn't read the entire post .....

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  16. Delano

Delano Diabloii.Net Member

I for one look forward to being barely tolerated by the entire community at once, especially in the North.

Aahzmadius likes this.
  17. Charons

Charons Diablo: IncGamers Member

this is just something that really needs to happen. If they can manage to do it so that they guarantee actual active players into the one clan, then that would be great. Until Blizzard gets off their collective stupid tree and unlimits clans, this is going to have to be the way its done.

They posted a roster not too long ago. In the roster is a field with last armory update. They could easily use that as a guide. As long as they keep it reasonable it should guarantee access. They can prelook at this data to make sure that the number of active users is less than 150

18. ZappaFan

I really think there's little worry of that as long as we limit membership to current clan members. That will be a little bit of work because there's no easy way that I know of to compile a clan membership list. And when we make the switch any officer granting join requests is going to need to look up each pending join to make sure they are on "the list".

19. Raesene

Raesene Diabloii.Net Member

I hope you allow a bit of time for current members to join the new clan. I'll be out of town the day of the reform and unable to log in.

20. ZappaFan

That is our plan.