Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Disaster: lost my Diablo 2 files - starting from scratch i

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wanchu, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Wanchu

Wanchu IncGamers Member

Disaster: lost my Diablo 2 files - starting from scratch

Hi everyone. If you don't remember me, I used to trade every now and then in the SPTF. I had a lovely Immortal King Whirlwind Barbarian... but I have had a problem in the PC of my Diablo 2 installation, and I lost all the files... My barbarian and all the items in my ATMA stash (I had done lots of runs...).

I had decided to stop playing Diablo 2, but I have just made up my mind: I will start from scratch. I enjoy the game, anyway, so I hope it is still fun even though I have to restart.

I am thinking of using a caster build (to change from my melee barbarian) and I need it to be gear-independent, so that I don't need to make a lot of runs to make my build powerful enough. I think that the Fishymancer meets those two requirements. What other builds do you think I would enjoy?

Thank you for reading :smiley:

2. Tohanry

Tohanry IncGamers Member

Re: Disaster: lost my Diablo 2 files - starting from scratch

Fishymancer is pretty awesome...just patted mine yesterday. Mine ended up pretty decked out....due to the help from people on here...but you really don't need it.

3. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

That's too bad wanchu :undecided:

I'll vouch the blizz sorc, powerful damage, teleport, and the moat trick is 3 very good reasons to start one and run mephisto until you have better gear for youself, and then move on to hell meph/pindle/baal/AT

Good luck and may your restart be a refreshing experience for you.

4. nilynrae

nilynrae IncGamers Member

Welcome back Wanchu. Sorry to hear about your losses!

I hope you have fun collecting things over. Sometimes a fresh restart can be good. :smiley:

Zarfen's idea is a good one. The fishy and the blizz-lady are definitely good starters.

5. Magicboy

Magicboy IncGamers Member

Thats awful Wanchu. :sad2:

Is that why I haven't seen you around the forums for a few months now?

Anyways I suggest fishymancer or sorc. Are you still going to trade or will you go untwinked?

6. DundeeKahn

DundeeKahn IncGamers Member

Am I the only one who cant MF with a fishy for my own life?

I'd recommend a Sorc. You can beat the hell out of Andariel and Meph pretty easily.

EDIT- Oh, yes, I am truly sorry about your stuff.

7. Wanchu

Wanchu IncGamers Member

Thank you all for your support :smiley: I have been reading build guides about fishymancers and blizz sorcs and I have decided to start a fishymancer. Both are good, but the fishymancer looks safer (I get scared very easily in game :rolleyes:) and there are ways to teleport with him as well. I also prefer male characters.

@Magicboy: The reason why I didn't come to the forums for a few months was that I stopped playing Diablo 2 (and I couldn't get my Rusty/Realgar Jewels of Fervor, I guess most of the SPTF users have seen me ISO those jewels :grin: ). This problem with the files of Diablo 2 happened a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you all again for your support :smiley:

EDIT: I forgot to answer this: I am going to keep trading items. I like trading to improve my equipment and it is a part of the game for me. I also like getting high-end items to become really powerful.

8. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

I'd get involved in some untwinked tourneys. No need for items there :)

9. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Hey Wanchu, I know how you feel. I recently bought a new laptop and thought I had saved my chars and stashes correctly ..... NOT! So its a fresh start for me, started a HC Fishy and Blizzballer. Just having RWM probs at the moment. I have however purchased a 2 gig flash drive to properly save my chars. And here is a tip from Thyiad: save your stashes to the D2 Save folder, and then move the save folder to the flash drive. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I am thinking of making another back up copy too, just in case. Hope this helps :smiley:

10. NeoKnuckles

NeoKnuckles IncGamers Member

A build I always vouch for is the trapper. She's mediumly popular, not as popular as summon necro, but I really think she's a very powerful character. Death Sentry is one of the best (in my opinion the best) skills in the game, lit sentry is powerful, and traps are overall very safe to use. Furthermore, you can shop decent claws pretty easily.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hammerdin if you're RWM. Very easy to scoop up the runes for 2x spirit, a lore, an insight and a stealth from NM countess. Before that, the merc can play the game for you due to a strong Concentration aura.

As soon as those items are in place, the game is a breeze.