Disappearing items

kanga_jay

Diabloii.Net Member
Disappearing items

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. If so, are you able to shed some light on the matter?

Ok, I've just created a mule game. Dump all I wanted to mule. Friend joined me to mule her items. I was nearly finished muling items to the appropriate chars. Lastly was the runes. I enter with rune mule and to my suprise they had vanished. Naturally, I thought she had shifted them to make room for her muling session. She said she hadn't touch them. I knew instantly they had gone puff.

By this time she had all her items ready for muling of the floor. Told her to hurry, not wanting risk anything else vanishing. She returned with her mule. All her runes had gone (except 1 amn) I was stood by my stash so i didn't see them vanish. She commenced picking the rest of her items up. Went to stash while I watch the rest. I saw one what i thought was one item disappear. But she said thundergods and lidless have gone.

Anyone got an explanation on this?
 

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Items disappear if they are on the ground for a too long time (don't know exactly how long, but having them on the ground for more than five minutes can be risky).
 

Gorny

Banned
The easiest way to avoid that is to pick your stuff up again and toss it on the ground whenever you re-enter the game. You should avoid losing things that way.
I tend to do that when muling a lot of stuff or when playing solo in hell where I know I may get killed by a monster. ( I leave my gold over by Akara & pick it up upon returning to town to re-supply between trips ...but I make sure to return every 5 to 10 min to be safe)
 

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
This recently happened to me too. I lost a 4 soc monarch and 4 sock knout. I've seen items lay for quite a while (30 minutes) w/o disappearing.

I've also noticed U tend to get the 30 minute boot more often now when constantly rejoining games to mule.

I wonder if they are doin a lil muling crackdown. :mad:
 

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
aragorn_elessar said:
The easiest way to avoid that is to pick your stuff up again and toss it on the ground whenever you re-enter the game. You should avoid losing things that way.
I tend to do that when muling a lot of stuff or when playing solo in hell where I know I may get killed by a monster. ( I leave my gold over by Akara & pick it up upon returning to town to re-supply between trips ...but I make sure to return every 5 to 10 min to be safe)
You leave your gold on the ground? Not someplace secure like, say, your stash?
 

Gorny

Banned
Yavanna said:
You leave your gold on the ground? Not someplace secure like, say, your stash?
I only leave gold on the ground in games where I am alone, or in a Guild game. Also, I only leve it if I think I might end up getting killed, which for me can happen in Hell Pit Runs. I never leave anything on the ground in a public game though.
 

kanga_jay

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, thanks chaps. I was told about this when I returned to DII after long spell away. Thought it was just a rumour. :)
 

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
You leave your gold on the ground? Not someplace secure like, say, your stash?
If the gold is in your stash, you'll loose a % of it when you die. If it's on the ground, it's just like any other item
 

Gorny

Banned
Vizier said:
If the gold is in your stash, you'll loose a % of it when you die. If it's on the ground, it's just like any other item

Exactly true. If you have a large amount, losing a % really *****.

 

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
However, gold is worthless nowadays. Unless U like to gamble, its only good to resurrect yer merc. And U can regain the cost of that in 1-2 meph runs...
 

Gorny

Banned
Wolv said:
However, gold is worthless nowadays. Unless U like to gamble, its only good to resurrect yer merc. And U can regain the cost of that in 1-2 meph runs...

Not totally worthless, 50,000 a pop to revive a merc can add up especially if you rely on the might or holy freeze mercs. Even if you can get along without them, you still notice the added punch that they add. Also, if you happen to have one of the act 2 nm mercs with both the Might & Holy freeze auras going, it helps a lot. ( No, I am not mistaken on this ... There is a way to get booth auras!)
 

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
Agreed - 50,000 is a lot. But Meph consistently drops items worth 35,000 alla time. On 1 good run I can recover 100,000.

I'm just saying gold has incredibly little value as currency in todays D2 standards.
 

Gorny

Banned
Wolv said:
Agreed - 50,000 is a lot. But Meph consistently drops items worth 35,000 alla time. On 1 good run I can recover 100,000.

I'm just saying gold has incredibly little value as currency in todays D2 standards.

True, I agree with you on that. As far as 35,000 goes, most armors, staffs, wands and scepters of the macical and rare nature can net you that much as well.
 

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Vizier said:
If the gold is in your stash, you'll loose a % of it when you die. If it's on the ground, it's just like any other item
I play a lot of SP. You don't lose stashed gold when you die in SP. That was what I was thinking of.
 

Gorny

Banned
Ah, that clears it up.
In Multi, you are subject to a certain loss % per level, including the stash !
 
Top