Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dire OT Community Help needed. Annoying Sounds!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dennis_KoreanGuy, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Dire OT Community Help needed. Annoying Sounds!

Hello guys. I don't really visit this part of forum, probably because its too crazy. :shocked: Well now I need some of your help, and I figure this is the best place to post for it, rather than say, in a trading or pvp forum.

I'm in student council for my highschool, and currently I'm in charge of making a clip of extremely annoying sounds/songs and play that during the morning, lunch, between classes, etc. etc. so students who are sick of that will donate money to stop it. Our goal is $1 000, and it goes straight to United Way. We made about $17 000 for Terry Fox Run, so our students are pretty generous.

I was planning to gather a bunch of annoying songs/sounds, and combine/loop it through Audacity.

Current possibilities are;

-crying baby
    -dial-up beeps
    -continuous/nonstop pulse/tone
    -Crazy Frog - Axel F
    -MmmBop - Hanson
    -Hamstersong
    -Numa Numa - Ozone
    -Car Alarm
    -Alarm Clock

Obviously there are much more annoying sounds out there.

Although suggestions for other sounds would be appreciated, what I really need is the actual song itself, in mp3/wav/etc. format that I can actually put in my harddrive. I can't seem to find a lot of free sounds on the net... :undecided:

Also, would anyone be able to save this file on their harddrive? If they can then please upload it and send me a link... please... :cry:

http://www.purewhitenoise.com/clips/sa_baa.mp3

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

So, let me get this straight... you want to annoy the students into giving up money? Why not just... I don't know... ask? And what exactly is this money supposed to go towards?

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Its all about giving the school a "school spirit". Though we call it annoying, this will be another "fun" thing about our school aftewards.

We don't just ask because;

1. Less people will donate.

2. We always ask about other stuff.

United Way is a not for profit organization that gives money to other organizations that can deal with helping the homeless and needy.

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

If that had been done at my university, I would have been absent until my education was no longer being disrupted.

5. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Have you considered a more humane means of convincing the populace to donate? Like maybe bamboo shutes under the fingernails? Or maybe Chinese water torture?

In any case, my suggestions are....

The sound a fax makes
    A pissed off mother-in-law
    The sound of diahrea during lunch hour
    Fingernails on a chalk board
    Anything from Boy George or the Back Street Boys (If you really want to get donations up, I suggest "Do you really want to hurt me?".
    A flock of grackles in your front yard
    Dripping faucet
    A squeeking rocking chair being rocked by someone else.

I could go on, but I've annoyed myself to no end just thinking of these.

6. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Just tape some slayer solos, that will do the trick.

7. The Future now

The Future now Banned

You people on the student council are a bunch of [edit]jerks.

8. Thyiad

Instead of annoying people and (in effect) holding them to ransom, why don't you ask for volunteers to spend a few hours helping on local projects? It will benefit them more in experience than handing over a few dollars so they can eat their lunch in peace. It also has the effect that you can see exactly who is being helped, rather than handing money over to some large organization. Ring a few local charities yourself and ask what they need; a few hours work in a charity shop, collecting goods, preparing food for a shelter. Then you will see who is really interested.

9. The Future now

The Future now Banned

If you're really that into charity, why don't you stop annoying other people and get a job. You can donate your paycheck.

10. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Excellent ideas. I'll try to find these clips.
    We do all that as well. Food drives, christmas gifts, etc etc. And we do get enough volunteers. Also, this fundraiser is outside of our school's control, it is a boardwise thing where all the highshools in this region have to raise money for this cause.
    I'm not into charities. Selfless as it may sound, I'm not going to be a big donator when I grow up.

I think some people are taking this "annoying" thing too seriously. In the end, its just like your average highschool fundraiser, except once its over people will laugh over this. None of us are actually trying to annoy the crap out of students, just for them to go "aw god this song again" and maybe donate a dollar or two left from their lunch change.

I have a job, and I refuse to donate my paychecks to this cause.

I can understand the negativity coming from people, and "annoying them till they donate" seem offensive to some, but this
    seems just stupid.

11. Thyiad

My highlighting. This is mandatory? This is not aimed at you DKG but "let's not teach our kids to read, write and think, no let's just make them annoy people". No wonder the world is such a toilet.

Am I the only one who remembers having to solve problems, debate and analyse in school/uni? I remember a maths (statistics) paper at age 13 or so where a question was "Why are there statistically less fires during the winter?" (The other questions involved graphs and median averages, the usual.) Answering that question involved THOUGHT.

'Scuse me, I have forgotten where I left my zimmer frame.

12. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i'll just change the ideea of annoying sounds.
    if in your school is someone like me, you'll be in real trouble.
    broken shins and maybe a jaw.

13. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Yes, it is mandatory, and I think the fact that it is so is pretty dumb. A mandatory charity? However a good cause it may be for, a mandatory charity seems... awkward.

Hmm... this just makes my opinion of OT forum clearer. Too crazy. Instead of suggestions/advice I get people discussing the righteousness of this whole thing, not to mention being somewhat offensive. You know what, I'll just keep searching for such clips. However "idiotic" (truly sorry thyiad) the whole thing may seem, the executive council has voted this to be the method, and since I'm in charge I'll just do my duty. Maybe end up only with a broken bone or two if I'm lucky.

14. Thyiad

DKG, I tried not to be rude, which believe me, for me is a trial.

Can I suggest if it is 'awkward' then don't do it. Stand up for your beliefs and say no. And I take offence at the use of 'gay' in that context. The word you were searching for is 'idiotic'.

15. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

This whole deal reminds me of some of the stuff my high school student council used to do. We used to have Penny Wars, where every class had this large container in the cafeteria. The whole point was for one class to make more money than the other classes. However, only silver change counted; pennies actually counted as -1, so the whole point of the "war" was to place tons of pennies in the other classes' container, thus lowering their pots. Not only did it raise a ton of money, but it increased school spirit.

I think this annoying sound war is a great idea. For some reason, most of the posters here don't realize you can learn and have fun at the same time. If your best memories of high school are solving problems and debating, then you really missed out.

16. Thyiad

Well, I believe schooling is to learn. You can have fun on your own time.

17. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You need to rethink this plan, it only takes one crazy parent to sue.

That would really distract me and put me in a mood where I cannot learn, I'm sure it could also be seen as some kind of torture.

At my school(1000boys, no girls) I'm betting this would be taken down in about 30 seconds, we wouldn't put up with this ****.

18. TonoTheHero

TonoTheHero IncGamers Member

Popcorn on repeat. That could pass as okay.

A slew of sounds ment to auditory rape me would not be.

19. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

James Blunt. Click on track #2.

YoUR'E BEEAuuuUTIIFUUulLLLl!!

YOOuRR'E BeEAaUUuUTTIIiFFUULL!!!

There was a radio station in a town in south England that banned his 'I love you, you love me, we all love everybody' rubbish music after being petitioned by the town inhabitants to STOP TORTURING THEM!

20. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member