Dimmu Borgir's HC Bounty Hunting

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Dimmu Borgir's HC Bounty Hunting

Alright, I think it's an awesome idea, so here's how it'll go.

People who have been PK'ed and unable to get sufficient "revenge" upon their assailant will post in this topic with a bounty.

Bounties are basically posts upon a particular PKer. You can post information such as "Wanted For..." if you feel a need to explain your PK misfortune. Required details are the PKer's level, and the amount of the reward.

Rewards can and will ONLY be in Gold, unless the player offering a bounty feels such an incredible need to rid the game of a particular PKer that he or she offers up an actual item. Gold however, will be the basis of rewards, as its easily obtainable in the game, and most people who take up bounties are expected to be doing it for the benefit of the HC community moreso than the actual reward.

No matter who kills the PKer, trading in that PKer's ear will earn you the reward. Of course the bounty hunter is also free to loot the PKer's corpse.

Those who post up a bounty MUST agree that they are willing and more importantly able to grant the posted reward for a bounty.

Bounties for players who are not PKers are not allowed, as this encourages more Pking. The entire concept of this sort of encourages it really, but the idea here is to have certain people within the HC community who make specific builds to defend against PKers, thusly greatly benefitting their party, since I imagine there's times where a PKer will PK an entire party of about 5-6 players in a single game. These characters are in a sense body guards as well as bounty hunters.

If anyone thinks this is a retarded idea, hey, you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm not forcing anyone to try this out, I just think it would be a cool idea. Anyone who agrees with me is free to participate.

Barrynor

Banned
This is a bad idea. Why?

Assume that I had possession of BtK-Baranor (which I did). Assume that it was a well-known pk-account, and that I only played in pubbies from that account with chars that were not very nice to meet in pubbies in the first place. Assume, for kicks and giggles, that I could not care less about loosing a particular character with full equip and charms. Lastly, assume, for kicks and giggles, that a bounty on my head would amuse me.

Now assume that instead of being a legit pk-er, which I was, the above writings applied to a tppk-using looser. How much effect will a bounty have? None, thank you very much.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
Kick some butt! PK-ers deserve it!

(Note, I've never played battle.net, and never intend to, but from what I've heard, PK'ers can ruin your day.)

PS: You might not want to use the word "retarded" in your post. That is quite an derogatory (sp?) term.

ADSL

Diabloii.Net Member
The idea is actually not half bad, it could get me alot more ears, i might actually make a pk just for this.

But if the idea is to get rid of the tppkers it pretty much sucks, since most of them use chicken, auto-tp and so on and what not.

Barrynor

Banned
I'd be tempted to kill a few people on europe just to run into you Morten Grooowwlll hahaha!

Seriously? Too much to do, too little time... MMO games just don't fit in anymore. Before I turned to the hunt I made a few riphookers and guarded pubbies... its a dull job. Shot up a few level 60's and 70's attempting to pk in Bloodruns in 1.09... they didn't count on an 8 fps riphooker with 50% pierce (clvl 32), and a few low level ones, but that was about it. If you want to hunt for pk's, make a dueller and start "pk-ing" i.e. game-hopping. Soon enough you'll recognize the pk-types, and then you can kill them.

ADSL

Diabloii.Net Member
If you do kill a few people on europe, you probaly wont see me in the games.
Ive given up on pking awhile back, duelling is my poison.
But if people started to use high lvl pvm chars to hunt for bountys, i could use mid lvl duellers....

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
So let me get this straight...
I'll use a hypothetical situation to make things easier.

Aaron goes into a public game and offs someone's lvl 60 necro with a lvl 29 paladin, so that person could come here and say something like:

"I just got owned, I'll give xxxxx gold for his ear. The account he was on was *aj_hc (just picked one of Aaron's dozen dueler accounts:)"

Now let's say I wanted that bounty and was willing to risk my character against a talented and legit PKer in exchange for some GOLD, I would have to add him to my friends list so that I'd always know when he was online and then try to guess which "private game" he was in at any given time.

Seems a little RETARDED to me, but I'm sure if you wanted to spend all your time poking through the listed dueling games and looking for "vindico" in someone's name you might have a shot at tracking him down, but then you still have to kill him, which won't be easy.

Against TPPK's this idea has even less merit as you will never get one to stand and fight, so you'd basically have to TPPK them before they got a shot off at you, and I'm sure that wasn't the spirit this was intended in.

Cheers
-Tai

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Your intentions are good, but I don't think the idea will ever fly (as others have said too) for a bizillion reasons.

It could take weeks or months to track someone down if you ever even manage to, and then if somehow you do manage to kill them, for what? A few million in gold? Gold is worthless in the D2 economy, you could make 10x the amount in one night of Meph runs just by selling the crappy rares.

If you were to switch the 'payment' to items, then what? Who's going to trade a Wizzy or an Ist or Tal's for an Ear? Items are really useful for replacing dead characters, while ears are... somewhat less useful.

-hps

turnips

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, bring in your high level mf sorc when a legit lvl9-21 PK hostiles you...good idea. They don't have any higher level pvp chars that could absolutely crush you.

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
It was just an idea. The concept still sounds cool, but thanks for enlightening me on why it won't work; Barrynor's post pretty much did it for me.

Go ahead and close this topic or whatever then.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
So let me get this straight...
I'll use a hypothetical situation to make things easier.

Aaron goes into a public game and offs someone's lvl 60 necro with a lvl 29 paladin, so that person could come here and say something like:

"I just got owned, I'll give xxxxx gold for his ear. The account he was on was *aj_hc (just picked one of Aaron's dozen dueler accounts:)"

Now let's say I wanted that bounty and was willing to risk my character against a talented and legit PKer in exchange for some GOLD, I would have to add him to my friends list so that I'd always know when he was online and then try to guess which "private game" he was in at any given time.

Seems a little RETARDED to me, but I'm sure if you wanted to spend all your time poking through the listed dueling games and looking for "vindico" in someone's name you might have a shot at tracking him down, but then you still have to kill him, which won't be easy.

Against TPPK's this idea has even less merit as you will never get one to stand and fight, so you'd basically have to TPPK them before they got a shot off at you, and I'm sure that wasn't the spirit this was intended in.

Cheers
-Tai

HAHAH way to go Tai!

now the bounty hunters have my:
1. real name
2. account name
3. the name of like 6 different pally's i use

i won't be able to join a game without running into someone willing to actually fight me..........THANKS TAI!

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
If anybody REALLY wants revenge over a certain PK I think it should be up to them to make their own PvP build and seek to destroy whoever got them. I could see how this would be fun if it carried a lesser danger factor, but I know I won't be risking one of my characters against a fully decked out dueler, even for 4324793284798324 gold pieces. I might try to make a PKK lvl 21 pally when I find all the stuff I need for him and try to kill some PK's trying to get people in the tombs or whatnot, just for fun. There's no way I'd risk a good high level char though.