Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DIIx Install Help!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by odhin, Jun 15, 2005.

1. odhin

odhin IncGamers Member

DIIx Install Help!

Upon returning home from college, I treated myself to a copy of the DII expansion set. It arrived today, and upon installation it asked for the DII play disk. I've searched the house far and wide and, to my horror, the original CDs are nowhere to be found. Methinks my brother may have made off with them.

I've still got the original game on my computer, with all my old characters and everything. Is there any way to install the expansion without the original disks? I would be very grateful for any advice. I'll probably have to write in to Blizzard to request another copy, but I'd prefer not to wait another two weeks and $10 to play...

Thanks for any thoughts...

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

There is no legal way of installing D2X without cds (I doubt there's even an illegal way to do so)

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Think seriously about buying another copy (used if possible) of d2 classic, especially if you plan on playing on the realms (battle.net). You cannot get onto battle.net if someone else is already there using either the expansion cd key or d2 classic cd key. I have 2 sets of each and at times I get confused which I installed on which computer or laptop.:bonk:

You can probably pick up a used copy of d2 for little more than $10 at a game store (eb-games/Gamestop and Babagges come to mind). And you still don't have to pay a monthly fee like some games out there. :lol:

Good luck!

4. odhin

odhin IncGamers Member

blast!

I suspected as much. I'll probably just ebay it...