Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DIII saga continues ...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by WhiteAlien, Apr 17, 2008.

1. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

DIII saga continues ...

I would like to hear your ideas and opinions about what could be new story for DIII.

We all know that Worldstone was destroyed and gates to Hell where sealed forever. What could then happen to World after this ? Did Tyrael become a traitor and forged new soulstone to rule over human world and got corrupted as Izual? Maybe some of NPC's found a way to open again the gates to Hell?

Rumours are going that it will be confrontation between Hell and Heaven forces.
    Who could be new Hell forces leader? Tyrael? Lucifer, as previous servant of Heaven who have fallen? Beelzebub? Doubt of this one.

Your ideas? :fortuneteller:

2. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

Re: DIII saga continues ...

Tyrael will probably get corrupted and end up resurrecting the Prime Evils. Be something along those lines. Although I hope Blizzard can come up with something a lot more original rather than copying their previous idea.

3. raishi

raishi IncGamers Member

i doubt they would use lucifer since they don't really use any of the 13 archangels...i don't recall a tyrael being one of the 7...although they could be using other names for the archs...and in that case I bet Izual was their Lucifer...and Tyrael was either michael or gabriel...though having an appearance of Uriel, Rapael and Azrael would be cool...or the other 1 that I have yet to get a confirmed name on since it they vary so much from source to source...

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Azrael is my merc

5. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

Hahahaha I forgot that.

Conclusion - Act2 mercenaries will take over the World ! :grin:

6. jesterlolz

jesterlolz IncGamers Member

I bet that because of the worldstone's destruction, some crazy stuff is going to go on. The gates to hell are closed, but with no more worldstone, hell could go onto the mortal plane, or something. And, while we're at it, heaven could go on the mortal plane. So you could have the humans all clumped together with Tyrael, and with the demons on one side and the angels on the other.

As you walk towards the hell place, it gets darker, and there's more and more demons. As you walk towards the heaven place, it gets lighter, and there's more and more angels.

And, for the fun of it. Lets have the demons and angels both trying to kill you. The demons try to kill ya because they're demons, and the angels are trying to kill you because they decided mortals are just making fighting hell harder, and it would be better without them.

Just some random ideas.

7. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

I really hate speculating when it hasn't been announced, but if I had to guess I'd say something like this...

The Worldstone kept BOTH Heaven and Hell from flooding the world of Sanctuary. With it destroyed, I would assume that, given the wording used, not only can entities from both Heaven and Hell enter the mortal realm, but also the the very "essence" (for lack of a better word) of Haven and Hell as well. What I mean to say is, I think that with the gates of both Heaven and Hell open, the mortal world will begin to be corrupted by both, and warped in the mold of of either.

Also, I think humans will begin to feel side effects of the lines being blured. After all, according to Diablo mythology, human beings are actually a third race, half-demon and half-angel. According to lore, their powers could have been far greater than either that of an angel or a demon, but in stead they were suppressed by those that feared the power. With the Worldstone gone, and the line between Heaven, Hell, and Sanctuary blurred, I can see this as the perfect opportunity for those powers to "awaken".

To be more direct, I think it will be a poorly made philosophical argument over "do we really know which side is truly evil?" It will just have lots of flashy graphics, great gameplay, and an ok story line. So we won't really care that their stab at playing devil's advocate (no pun intended, really) was an epic fail, on par with that of The Matrix's attempt to make the scientist poking the brain of a bat seem plausible.

8. Edge Calibur

Edge Calibur IncGamers Member

D3 should have new ideas, and its Blizzard's responsibility to make something new....though I wish it wouldn't steal or accidentally copy some events in "Devil May Cry IV", where all Holy was corrupted and the heavens itself are the enemy (O,O "The Savior") and its up to devils Dante and the new character Nero to stop the "cursed" Holy Order from ruling mankind.

Maybe it will be something like, (The soulstones are now broken, and Baal has returned "Because there wasn't the part where his Soulstone was shattered with the "Hellforge Hammer".....to seek revenge, (Maybe not entirely controlling the previous adventurer,) but trying to raise his armies with new stats and new looks....It should also have a 3d engine as well...

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

i'm kinda interested to know....I think someting bad happened to Tyrael...I mean he just stood there while the worldstone blew up

10. Edge Calibur

Edge Calibur IncGamers Member

Oh come on, Tyrael is an Archangel, though he did stood in the Worldstone Chamber without seeing him escape.

11. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

The Cow King will become corrupted and all of his cow friends will pwn everyone.

12. BlackAlien

BlackAlien Banned

Next possible title for the game:

Diablo III: The Cow massacre with chain saw

13. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

More like "Diablo III: There is now cow level!"