Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DII trading

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Sakura, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

DII trading

Is there anyone else that thinks the item trading going on in DII is a good thing? As apposed to WoW and it's gold currency economy. Gold had no real valvue in DII which ment that you had to trade items rather than pay for it with gold. I hope that DIII will be the same, and that gold is basicly used for repairs =)

DII could be played as a trading game aswell, and some of the deals you did were better than others, and gave you more than your "moneys" worth =) So I hope they don't introduce the WoW economy into DIII =)

My two cents(/sojs:tongue:)

2. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

Re: DII trading

The current DII economy is basically the same as any normal economy, it has a trade currency: it's not gold, it's runes.

But I like the fact I'm able to dump some items that are of no use to me for some items that are.

3. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

Blizzard can't decide what the economy is going to be, the players do

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

They may not decide what the economy is but they sure can influence it.

Imagine if items in DII were BoP or BoE. (Bind on Equip or Bind on Pickup), if they were trading would take on a whole different feeling because you would be unable to trade (or mule/twink) just about any item that you equipped on one of your characters.

The only way to trade would be a buy and sell situation, and for that you need some sort of monetary thing ...runes would not work either because they would likely end up either or both BoE or BoP depending on the rarity of said rune.

So your back to gold.

Edit:

To complicate it more they could pull the same setup that some WoW armor sets have: Some pieces bind on equip, meaning that you can buy or trade for them as long as someone has not worn the item, and some will be bind on pickup ...requiring you to go kill monster x in dungeon y for a shot at seeing it drop.

5. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

*curses BoP* :rant:

It doesn't seem like it will be an easy task to come up with a trade system that will work best for any game. Granted they ones they have implemented for them right now are made to work for those specific games, they wouldn't be easily switched in my opinion.

6. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Im kinda sure it will be 90% the same as WoW's model. I'm perfectly fine with that since IMO it provides a basis for a lot of trade (a lot of ingredients and the occasional BoE) while also making sure that you can't just trade your way to perfect gear. A very good
    d2 trader can turn 1 pul into all the gear he needs, that just aint right.

7. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

Well, if you look at WoW there's hardly any trading at all going on due to the auction house and the gold currency. Sure, it pretty much gets the job done, but imo, the DII trading style is alot more fun than auction house trading. For one thing, the Trading Forums wouldn't be that usefull anymore.

8. Mcwhopper

I consider the trade auction house the BEST thing ever invented. Not having it would make one sad panda: This function was missing in hellgate and is one of the (many) reasons the game was a failure.

It might not be good for forum based trading, but let's face it : A game should not have to depend in anyway on anything not directly related to the game. All options you could need should be accesable in game (theoretically of course).

Forums are still very usefull none the less as the WoW dedicated forums prove. Though I haven't been involved in WoW for more than 2 years so this might not be true anymore :)

9. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

Yep, I think you're right about it being a better way for people to trade. But I still think the good ol' DII trading is alot more fun and rewarding :) I was really looking forward to do some trading in WoW, but the auction house took the people out of the equation.

10. Bloodedmayhem

Bloodedmayhem IncGamers Member

DIII tradig (At the begining) i think will be quite difficult if they change alot of item. But we must wait and see :D

BK,

11. Mcwhopper

They wont change items I hope : They should not just copy/paste d2 but work there way up from nothing.

If they just copy d2 and update the graphics I'll be a very sad panda.

12. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

personally I like there being a strong trading aspect, the possibility to start small and get something nice out of persistant trading is an important part of the game. gold economy and auction house like WoW is a nice feature, but if it is going to be the same kind of game I would prefer D2s system, at least if the WoW system includes items binding to players. I am not sure how the AH system would work without Bind on items, it would probabl be very cluttered by all the small finds you get in an action game such as diablo. For i do hope they keep it an action game...

13. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

Yep, I just hope that whatever trading DIII will have it will mostly be item for item instead of item for gold. If you were a good trader in DII you could get more for the items than usuall, and it's a skill that can be learned by everyone if they keep on the up and up with item valvues. Met alot of later-ingame friends through trading on these forums aswell:)

14. PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth IncGamers Member

I think I'd like to see a gold-based system.

Think about d2jsp and forum gold... we artificially created our own gold system once, why wouldn't it work again?

15. ohnoyellowdinosaur

ohnoyellowdinosaur IncGamers Member

'cuz that system is ***. nobody denies that it's valid; it obviously is (as is made apparent by WoW.) It's just preference, not function.

and to be honest, I hope they can somehow combine the two together. But if I had to choose one, item for item trade all the way.

16. Mestre Crjspim

Mestre Crjspim IncGamers Member

The combination of the two would be the best economy system, IMO. To create an interesting importance for gold, they would have to give to the diferent towns NPCs some other interactivity. Perhaps blacksmiths could imbue items, like Charsi does for a reward in DII Act I, for a price, depending on the ilvl and clvl. Likewise for socket making - and the number of sockets would clearly influence the price. Gambling should definitly be in there as well. Just simple ideas based on DII rewards. The main idea is to raise the value of money allowing us to have some reason to continuing collecting money other than repairing.

17. Akimbo

Akimbo IncGamers Member

I quite liked the SWG ( Star Wars Galaxies ) trading system, items could be put up in an "auction house" of sorts, and bought by players from a terminal. Mass produced ( or found ) items would go here. Rare items would be traded in person.

18. J Cash

J Cash IncGamers Member

I like the trading in d2 very much, much better then wow.

19. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I am not sure how You can be sure about qualities of something what nobody is sure will ever exist :prop:

... as talking about preferences - I personaly like this crazy/chaotical/anarchistic diablo trade world. WoW including its auction hause is WAY too clean, overdesigned, overregulated and top-ruled for me.
    I live rather in a dirty world together with dupers, scamers and HC pkers than with Big Brather watching me and telling me if I piss in right way.

Why not???