Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Different way to gather wealth?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Grimey, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Grimey

Grimey Banned

Different way to gather wealth?

I been playing for about 3 years and every time I start over, I make a Blizzard or a Meteorb sorc. Boss mfing gets old after couple of year and I want to try something. I noticed that how much people pay for keys sets and crafting equipment.Count (for keys and runes) + Summoner + Nithlatak + Shenk runs, good way of gathering wealth?

2. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Re: Different way to gather wealth?

Doing little ones for runes.

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

The fun things about diablo is that indeed you can do many things to be effective and gather wealth - although a first character still often is a boss runner.

One of those things is key-running and indeed these can bring in wealth just like boss-running can. Problem is that you may end up getting bored just as fast as with boss-running. Therefore you could make different characters for each 'niche' or try to make one character that can hold it's own in more then one 'niche'.

Happy key-hunting.

P.S. I wouldn't go all in on craft though. Seems like a to small market if you ask me.

4. PFSS

PFSS IncGamers Member

Make a Key runner, then after the keys hit Andy, Meph, Dia, Shenk, Pindle, Baal then open Cow Portal (game should be permed by now) and bring in LF Zon to clear Cows.

5. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

You can also rush people for their forge

6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I recommend key running. Just make a light sorc and you can run countess and summoner with ease. I use a Chain Lightning/Frozen Orb sorc.

7. Grimey

Grimey Banned

I never crafted pretty much anything. What small runer are worth saving? I know that Rals are good to keep.

8. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

runes to keep are those for the popular recipes.
    rals certainly, and some people keep tals or use them to get more rals.
    Orts for hitpower gloves - though it's the same as with tals, they are usefull though you need to find people that want them.
    sols, used for blood ring, very good craft don't let them go too easy.

And then runes used to reroll runewords. Spirit sets come to mind if you are on ladder, don't think there are other runewords.

Then you have the runes used in cube recipes, runes used in the socket recipes, upgrading.
    think these runes are more for self use as rarely someone will need them in bulk.

Check out the summit if you don't know by heart what runes are used.

P.S. check out the craft show-off thread. The more examples you find there, the more useful the runes are to keep and sell.

[edit]
    spirit sets this late in the ladder, I really need to make a new ladder character some day.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If you're big on muling and trading, run the key droppers and keep the following:
    Keys (doh!) <--- Have greatest value when sold in sets of 3x3 or higher
    Rals, Sols (used for caster amu and blood rings, sell them in high numbers)
    Sets of Tal, Thul, Ort, Amn (used for spirit-making, very common)
    Sets of Ral, Tir, Tal, Sol (used for insights, fairly common)
    Sets of Tir, Ith, Sol, Ko (used for harmony-rerolls, not unheard of)
    Hel runes (to go with sets for unsocketing bad rolls, cube dols to get hels)
    Lem runes (every once in a while, you'll find someone impatient making a GF barb, you'll get a good price if you have many. Cube Fals to get Lems)
    Runes Pul+ are currency, use them to trade up, or to fill holes in your rune sets (like if you have 30 tal, 30 ort, 25 thuls and 15 amns, it may very well be profitable to try to buy the missing runes to make 30 spirit sets).

EDIT: And every jewel! These have low value alone, but trading off 40 at a time, or making craft sets (Ruby, Sol, jewel or Ral, Amethyst, jewel) pays off.

And every gem as well. Ladder 3 I made nice profit by buying pgems on bnet (could get 35+ with just a pul), then muling off every amethyst and ruby, sell 30-35 for a new pul, and sell the rubys and amethysts 20 for a pul. I suppose just buying mass pgems, sort them, then sell could be profitable for any gem type save for topazes and diamonds. The rest can be used for rare rerolls (skulls) or crafting. Even though safety and hitpower crafts aren't as popular, some people still do them, and not a lot of people have sapphire and emerald mules.

EDIT2: Oh, and buy stuff cheap on bnet, then sell it for a better price on forums. Just keeping a lot of craft materials and lurking the appropriate trade forum until you find someone needing them can be profitable. Just be prepared to keep a few accounts of mules.

EDIT3: And keep every set/unique which will net its inventory space in pgems. Sell them cheap on forums in a big thread. Stuff like LoH, guillaumes, IK set pieces, goldwraps, etc aren't worth much, but they DO add up after a while. Don't bother with stuff no one wants, like Arioc's Needle (takes 8 inventory spaces, worth 1 pgem or so...)

10. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

and if you get bored with all of the above, make a goldfind barb, run nm travincal and gamble jewelry and circlets. you can potentially score very big there.

and if you find yourself in an overabundance of pgems at some point in the future, take a look at rerolling grandcharms for skillers with +life (or other useful mods).

and when even this isnt enough, you could check out d-clone hunting or run über tristram yourself.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If you go with the gambling, keep this in mind:
    - You don't need the *best* possible GF barb equip all at once
    - Your merc needs to be first prio, unless you find a way to kill the council yourself
    - You should gamble with as high a lvl char as possible.

12. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

the method i used last ladder worked rather spiffingly (i thought).

ditch ALL of your MF gear (ALL OF IT, THIS INCLUDES YOUR ENIGMA!!!!) and hunt for socketable items. a nice superior socketable item with a sought-after number of sockets can attract a pretty decent price.

i sold a 4os, 14ed, 3ar, +3BnC GMB last ladder for an e-fortune.