Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Different prices in different realms

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sunflowersmooth, Oct 22, 2006.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Different prices in different realms

It seems to me prices are drastically different between europe and the US. Instead of Lo=Ist, 4 ist = Lo? I read that in a post once.

So I presume there are less dupes in Europe? Or maybe, it's a matter of logical pricing, seeing how Ist can be found at hellforge and Lo is significantly more rare. Is it the differences in culture that make a hr so much more valuable in Europe, disregarding the Make everything in life as easy as possible American way?

With prices so different, game play must be greatly different as well. Top end gear is no longer so easily attainable.

Has anyone ever wanted to switch realms to make diablo life more challenging, or have pricing be more realistic?

Alternatively, how many of you have felt the urge to play in US realms because prices have become a joke?

2. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

I think its because there are MUCH more players on USeast. meaning there are more players finding those high runes, and of course, more dupers, hackers and ebayers, all the bad stuff you don't want. Its probably all proportional to the amount of people who play on the realms.

3. pure

pure IncGamers Member

i think the prices are much diffrend between useast and europeladder :S i took a half year break and now i see the prices in EuScL OHMYGOD theres expensive stuff since i played :S

4. Nostavar

Nostavar IncGamers Member

Well, HRs aren't 4 Ists here in Europe - just 2. ;)

5. TTTimo

TTTimo IncGamers Member

Yeah.. HR's are pretty cheap now.. but other things have gone way up in price, Arachnid Mesh went from Mal (This was when HRs where 4 Ist) to 2 Ist.. So instead of 1/8th HR, it is now worth 1 HR. As has been said, more players means more people who find HRs and more people who dupe them.

6. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Which has nothing to do with prices. =) If you have 100 people and 1 HR-finder and 200 people and 2 HR-finders, the HR price is the same in both cases.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

1 HR for Arachnids...damn, I wish...in US-East, 3-5 HRs, easy. It's just stupid to try and find your own HRs. You find one legit one, and you can buy like...whatever, the point is it's hopeless. US-East blows...there are a TON of people that use alternate currency, i.e. jsp's FG, instead of HRs, so the HR has been devalued.

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

It would be very nice if we could use d2's gold as a median, like how the people over on WOW can do. It would be a nice addition to the next patch. The incentive would be that Charsi could get better stuff for sale, but at outrageous prices, making it worthwhile to trade for 100 + million gold.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Meh, just reduce the amount of gold by 99.9%. Right now, a GF barb can get...2 mil in ~30 minutes, easily. So if you make it 1/1000 of that, that's 200 gold! Now if you can still carry ~2.3 mil at higher levels, that's a LOT of tradable gold. Then, you can make it so that HRs are sold from a new NPC, maybe a random unique set when the game is made (Natalya in Act 3 comes to mind) for ~2 mil. Or something...just doing something like that would be good, maybe.

10. k/t

k/t Banned

But that would only nerf GF barbs. You could still make a lot by selling expensive items to vendors. Unless you changed the prices of those too. In that case, of course gold would become valuable. Right now it's worth next to nothing (except when some loser dies and whines for the next six games about his gold having been stolen) because it's so plentiful and readily found.

HRs shouldn't be available for sale.