Different patches help

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Different patches help

Hello there fellow forumers. I'm wondering if you guys could give me a hand. My friend from bnet wants to run an older version of d2 in SP, but wants to retain the current patch for bnet. Is that possible?? Coz he says when he tries doing that, it won't work for bnet.

Thanks

-Slayer

Method0ne

Diabloii.Net Member
No worries, if your friend has any problems getting it working then I might be able to help, I've had it running before myself.

The instructions are a little sparse, but you should be able to work them out without any trouble.

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wanted to clarify 2 things...

1. If you play with this mod, do other people you want to play with need to have it installed as well?

2. Which patch is the most recent one to contain the now-removed class-specific crafting recipes? Those things were such a good idea, I cant believe they took em out.

Method0ne

Diabloii.Net Member
Kitriara said:
Just wanted to clarify 2 things...

1. If you play with this mod, do other people you want to play with need to have it installed as well?

2. Which patch is the most recent one to contain the now-removed class-specific crafting recipes? Those things were such a good idea, I cant believe they took em out.
1. This isnt a mod, it's a set of files for various versions of Diablo II, all it allows is the ability to play different versions of the game, e.g. 1.07/1.09b/1.09d/1.10a/1.10s/1.10 and so on without having to have multiple D2 installs.

All anyone else would need to be able to join one of your games is the same game version as the one you're playing at the time.

2. No idea :D

linkato1

Banned
Kitriara said:
1.08 IIRC.

Topi

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal
Kitriara said:
I think those recipes were only enabled in bnet for a short while, and were never enabled in SP, although they were there in the MPQs (as the Constricting Ring, for example, which was never enabled either) in 1.08. I might be wrong about this, but that's what I seem to remember :scratch:

phaedrus

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Kitriara said:
They were 1.08, B.net only. Not enabled in SP.

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn. Thanks all. Too bad there isnt a mod to enable those things. Why remove something that gives longtime players something to DO, Blizzard?!?!

Wish I knew how to enable those myself. I'm a programmer but I have no idea how to go about it. Doh.