Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Different but viable..

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Salina, May 23, 2005.

1. Salina

Salina IncGamers Member

Different but viable..

Can someone give me an example for a different but viable single player sc-build?? When it comes to items, I'm rich.. So eq won't be any problems..

//Salina

2. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

well different is subjective, but in my view Nightfish's guides are refreshingly innovative (well, i really mean the ribcracker/demonlimb enchantress, and the DS-Tiger assasin) He guardianed those chars so i figure they must be "viable".
    If you want to see something extreme, check Uzziah's magi barb:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=339490

Actually assasins are so rares that almost any counts as different. My thunder-elemental/DS hybrid (skills maxed: CoT-Phoenix-DS, high SM and a number of utility skills, dual claw) is halfways-viable, but weak. But her attacks look awesome:) If you want a character who can struggle through the game and than you can say "I've done it!" I suggest it, but don't expect to have an easy time. With +12 skills her damage is still pretty weak. Though if you are really rich you can get some facets on her and maybe even more +skills (it is really nice, since phoenix doesn't give diminishing returns at high levels), you might reach a point where you will only have to fear LIs (and not even them with some points in FoF). The nicest thing about that char is CoT/Mind Blast crowd control, and corpse explosion. And the style points of course.

3. Salina

Salina IncGamers Member

OKey.. I just spoke to a friend of mine, and he said that a titan-char is fun to play and fairly viable.. But he didn't know just how different it is.. Any ideas??

//Salina

4. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Titans just put all points in Str. Not that different. If you want to, you can take a peek at some of my previous guardians, some of them were kinda non-standard but viable. (2h Zealot, 2h Enchantress) Or check my TS/DS assassin guide. I'm pretty sure not a lot of people have one of those.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Fartarian!
    Or, for more realistic options, check the class forums, theres often less used builds with guides or outlines there.

6. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

You could also pick a char you like, next pick a skill that has your interest and try to build something around that. Should be fun, who knows, you might even have a viable build that way, and at the very least you have the unusual build you're asking for. :) Anyway, fun is the most important thing!

And, ehm, an intro thread would be kinda nice, you know, so we can all get to know you a bit and welcome you properly into our little community... ;)

7. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

You could try making a blaze sorc. I started one but I don't like sorcs so I stopped playing her. I haven't seen to many spearazons lately. A defiance paladin could be some fun. Just some ideas.

8. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Pseudo-titan Passion Scythe Enchantress!

:) What, you think I'm going to let Nightfish keep pimping his enchantress and have all the fun?

9. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Nothing too original though... http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=145778 :)

I'd go with Sidhe, just pick a character you enjoy playing, then pick one or two skills you want to investigate (or look good, or you want to use anyway) and build your character around it. Going trough the game is quite doable, even without twinking or help from others. Harder builds will take longer, but might just be the thing for you.

10. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

Class: Necromancer.
    Skill: Confuse/Revive.
    Fun.

Although on /players 8, you need a lot of patience.

11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I like to take cookie-cutter builds and tweak them to my personal preferance.

My Blizz sorc has ~10 hard points into Static Field, because I like to run areas on /players 8.

My paladin uses Darksight Helm (thanks NF!) for crowd control, and it just freaking rules.

My IK barb has no hard points into dex.

Nothing too freaky, but I don't just baa with the sheep either, I do what makes me happy. This is a game, right?

-GG

12. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

I'm planning on building a defiance pally with very high def. Also a charged boltress. Lots of builds to choose from.

Cheers K