Diabloii.Net Member
Differences Between

Price, PVM, and PVP difference

Ancient Axe vs Martel De Fer

Naga vs Battle Hammer

-Doug

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
I think PvM can be done cheaper, since you can simply walk away from monsters while you heal or pot. In PvP you are going into the fight with your opponent and only one of you (should) still be standing and able to walk back to town, no potting, so your items are probably going to be more expensive. PvP'ers are usually also willing to shell out more for that 1 extra mod on their item.

I've never really compared those two. I'd use a Ancient, if I had a descent one.

Range vs damage. The more experienced pvp'ers will be able to answer this one better.

dougolasjr

Diabloii.Net Member
What about basic price of just the different ones. Is Martel more expensive than AA what about the one handed set? Since more people use Maces are they cheaper or less expensive because they are easier to find. Basically would the same ed and mods on a Mace and Axe be the same price, or would one be more expensive?

-doug

Rawly

Diabloii.Net Member
What about basic price of just the different ones. Is Martel more expensive than AA what about the one handed set? Since more people use Maces are they cheaper or less expensive because they are easier to find. Basically would the same ed and mods on a Mace and Axe be the same price, or would one be more expensive?

-doug
Axes are cheaper as less ppl use them, and they dont look as good damage wise. This is true for both 2 handed and 1 handed versions.

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
Axes are cheaper as less ppl use them, and they dont look as good damage wise. This is true for both 2 handed and 1 handed versions.
Also ancient axes not only have lower damage, they dont have +50% damage to undead, and that matters in some places like the chaos sanctuary. And martels fall more often than ancient axes do, so thats another reason you will see 20x more ppl using a martel over an ancient axe. And some ppl prefer battle hammers over any other one handed weapon for pvp, and not only cuz it has the highest damage of all 1-handers; the slowness of bh's over its counterpart, the naga, doesn't matter in pvp. Since bh's are mace class, as are martels, you see why so many barbs go for that mastery.

Naga's seem to drop about as often as bh's do. They are good for berserk in pvm in the cs or against PI's.

As for prices, hmm, I rarely ever see ancient axes in trade, and almost never see a really good one, and to compare with a martel it would have to be a really, really good aa.

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
In matters of 2 hands Martel Beats out an Ancient axe for afordability, availablility and usage. Also Maces receive a 1.1 percent increase in damage for every point of strength as apposed to the 1% increase of everything else. However in terms of 1 handed Naga vs Battle Hammer, as from the damage increase obviously battle hammers do more damage, but they have a range of 1 while Nagas have a range of 3, so there are other things to consider.