Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did you happen to get the member name of that supa noob lagromancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Beatboxer, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Did you happen to get the member name of that supa noob lagromancer?

Ok I usually don't get into nOOb hate, in a driect way, but I was accosted by the playstyle of a particaular summoner in a baal run last night. I had to really hold back my urge to strip the guy of his necro liscense. :the law:

He had what looked like max revives (which looked really cool) and I was experiencing a full minute of lag...Even my cable cable pals were getting some lag. :( Stacked auras, Two cold sorcs assasins...lots of game calcualtions goin' on I guess.

I made a small comment on how I thought he had a lil' too many minions out but I actually never saw the message run across my screen.

Anyway the lag was one thing...I had never really bought into (or secretly denied) the mass minions=lag convention. I mean alot of skills cause lag. Now I know that mass minions, in certain cases, do indeed stop action.

The other thing, that finally made me decide to actually create a thread venting this, (it's actually quite funny considering I've almost always played Necro until the last few months) was when we got to baal's minions and he kept IM cast on the mob.....

:hanky:

"Red stringys above his head you say? Lots of gray minions? Aye it twas the Dreaded Lagro-nOOb-a-mancer....Stear clear of that one lad....Chop wood carry water."

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I do indeed buy into your ideas about lot's o shenanigans = chance of lag.

Personally I have never seen ordinary skeleton warriors as being that big a problem. This is probably because all the calculations associated with skeletons are somewhat simple and they don't use that many different animations.

Revives are potentially another matter though. Especially if they naturally have very complicated AI's and lot's of different animations.

I play on a somewhat dated computer and occasionally I do get rather severe dips in framerate. I have found that this is not always due to the amount of monsters or minions on the screen. My skellymancer can happily wade through hordes of monsters with only little complaint from my tormented CPU.
    One type of monsters, however, bog down my processor really fast: Act 5 imps! They use loads of different animations. Under different conditions thay have loads of different attacks and their near constant teleporting around puts a strain on my beleagured computer.

3. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I haven't heard so much lag whining since the last time I went dueling with my Commando.

There is no better "LAGGG OMG **** LAG!!!" to hear then after XxX-PvPXxx was slain by Commando_Mancer because I stacked a Might merc, Druid Sage, Golem, Me, and 26 Skeletons, all with BO and Fant as well on them at one spot.

Zonz are the best to kill like that.

~Kbob

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

As soon as they become revives the AI is switched off.

5. wickedWinter

wickedWinter IncGamers Member

They have to have some sort of AI.

If the supa noob you speak of was trying to use BG+IM, that would be really cool.

6. Mad Mantis

No they don't. Rocks have a kind of AI. Revives have a boatload of AS.

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

LMAO :lol:

too true :thumbsup:

I don't know why I hear so much bitching about necros and nothing about orb sorcs. Muh god, they lag the game worse than a platoon of starcraft carriers would on a 14.4 modem.

"I have 13 minions and your damn orbs shoot out 250334 bolts of 4 damage a piece!"

"I R TEH L4G QU33N!"

And I thought you were gonna complain about a true lagomancer BB, one that is lag down to the root. Ya know, one that has 2000 minions and spams a curse with max cast rate. The kind that want you to die.

How bout in 1.09 when a necro and a zon with goldstrike teamed up with walls eh? Killed everyone in a cow game like that. Good times...

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

you dirty bastard.... you've joined THEM now have you? If anyone should be stripped of their necro stripes its you

9. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

LOL :lol:

But we can't have that happen though, who else would their be to attempt to keep the peace around here, and safe the noob's from the wrath of Mad Mantis?

And besides, there's only 2 or 3 others that would take the time to make an overall helpful guide for the noobs NOT TO READ...like Beatboxer did.

Where would he go anyway......Drood or Sorc forums?

HoS

10. Ash Housewares

MMs anti-newb wrath is nothing compared to mine

11. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

How about 4 summon necros with all skeletons and skele mages with a few revives :).

12. Angst

Angst IncGamers Member

That really is nothing compared to a 1.09 Overlord who could have upwards of 100 minions on screen at one time, with auras on them. Those were the days.

re: MM : Don't hate on the revives, they might be dumb but they carry some big punch. :uhhuh:

13. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster IncGamers Member

i think i saw the same noobmancer, was it the one who overrides your amp and decrep with... i don't want to say it... WEAKEN? this actually happened to me yesterday
    sometimes it makes me wish necros were actually nerfed a bit, so all the former zon players would stop giving necs a bad name

14. Mad Mantis

@Angst:

The only problems is that the punch never gets delivered. The just stand there imitating a piece of rock. Overall their performance looks good, but the rock has a bit more intelligence. Back in 1.09 they were needed, because Skellies sucked. And because you couldn't be an Overlord without them. Now in 1.10 you can't be a true Overlord. Not even with Revives.

Revives do have their uses. But making sure they get where they are needed is a crime without teleport.

@ Dragonmaster:

We must find that n00b and kill him before he infects them all. Better yet. We will send a Dr00d on his ***. Nobody can override ANY curse with weaken. Nobody should be using weaken without proper permits, training and psych-evals.

15. Ash Housewares

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Necromancers not wanting to lag, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Necromancers traditionally love to lag. All real Necromancers, love the sting of battle.

16. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Oh, you think it's bad when someone is using a lot of revives? Some idiot a while back was complaining at me, telling me to "use fewer minions" and "skeletons suck." I wanted to punch him right in the face. For one thing, I hadn't got any revives yet. My army was about 8 skeletons and maybe 5 mages. How is that laggy? Maybe he was jealous of my insane killing power. Secondly, what kind of idiot thinks skeletons suck now? I use them pretty much exclusivly because of the crappy speed on most revives. I'll pick up a few for boss battles, sure, but I don't use them constantly (unless I'm alone and moving through an area slowly.)

17. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Heh, I knew I would garner some flack for that comment...I felt near dirty while typing it...But Ash, man, and all Necros, I almost guarantee ya that that Necro's army of Snakes and Blood Witch's was lagging me a full minute back. It had to be the minions causing the bulk of the latency because that was a noticeable lag spike that comes along with a mass revive user. Even the cable connection where getting a lil' lag.:eek:

I used to deny it but I'm now seeing how and when it is true.

Besides, like that old thread about mass revives said, in an 8 player baal run we def don't need 20 revives on the screen in conuction wiht the rest of the party. I was on the other side of the issue then but now I've been made the recipient.

My skelemancer seems to lag me alot more than other chars. Sad but true.

But you know, the bottom line here, really, for me, is to just my cable connection back.....

:uhhuh:

"Tomatoes and lettuce, please."

18. Ash Housewares

This is my lag. There are many like it but this one is mine. My lag is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my lag is useless. Without my lag I am useless. I must fire my lag true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me or lag him so that he cannot see me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my lag and myself are defenders of necromancy, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

19. flabergaster

flabergaster IncGamers Member

That was beautiful man.

20. tremak

tremak IncGamers Member

I'd talk about how I like to lag dueling games with bone walls and curses and the like, but someone will probably kill me. Eep.