Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did you ever dream for an ama item? Tell us which is yours!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by frygia, May 25, 2005.

1. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Did you ever dream for an ama item? Tell us which is yours!

I have long wondered what were, in the imagination of people, their "dream" ama item, for a bowazon or for a javazon.

For a javazon, a magic 4-socket monarch of deflection is the best that you can get for example. There's no rare that can beat it. Maybe a Phoenix shield can beat it on ed, but the 4-sockets monarch of deflection is much more flexible, due to the flexiblity that it offers.

My question is: what is the best possible EVER rare javelin that you who read this think that could exist (i.e., that the game could drop)? There's for sure at least two, one for pvp and another for pvm... I would like to have opinions on this. I would say that it would be an ethereal rare matriarchal javelin with self-repair mod and +3 to javelin skills (base item modification). That is for sure. But what other affixes/suffixes you would add to make it the most perfect one ever? ^^

What about bows, what would be the best perfect rare bow ever? One must think that a rare can get at most 3 prefixes, 3 suffixes, and that some of them exclude each other. That said, what would be the best one ever? For starters, it's normally said that the GMB is the best base bow, and one with +3 bow/xbow would be the perfect start for the best bow ever. Would a runeword beat the best rare bow ever? In other words, would you use a rare bow, even the best one that can exist, instead of and ice/harmony/faith/fortitude bow? List your best shot at the best rare bow ever here, I'm curious to know it :)

Anyway, I'll also add mine best when I decide what are they... if someone can pm me to a place where I can find which affixes don't go together, it would make the work easier :)

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, for PvM no rare bow beats Faith in a GMB and no rare javelins beat upped Titan's IMO if combined with the right equipment. My bowazon is the proud owner of Faith and Fortitude which gives her so much versatility that she has maxed resists while still being able to kill any monster in the game including Baal, Diablo and especially the Ancients (including PI ancients if she has enough arrows and/or mana potions with her). In fact, she soloed through all of hell in a two-player game (with a Hellforge dummy being present all the time).

However, there are crafted gloves which beat any unique or set gloves for zons, like hitpower gloves (the ones with knockback) together with +2 passive and 20%IAS, with respect to PvM. There are probably diadems which beat any helm for PvP, even though there are a ton of awesome unique and set helms.

However, for top end characters it depends on all of the equipment at once. You have to reach certain speed breakpoints, have enough leech, frw and resists while still dealing enough damage. You might have a single item that deserves to be called godly (e.g. one of the godly mods is adding 20 strength), but if another piece of equipment is too far below the standard you set up for yourself, its godliness is wasted (e.g. if that iten could add 20 to strength as well, but adds just 10).

Regarding affixes, you can look at the Arreat Summit, but the affix lists are not correct in certain respects. I don't know in which, however. Perhaps the ones in d2data.net are better.

3. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I don't know, Krischan. Let's say:

Inherent +3 to javazon skills (which I believe is independent from the rare attributes)
    Valkyrie's prefix +2 to Amazon Skill Levels
    Cruel prefix - 300%ed
    Master's prefix - 150%ed + 250 ar
    of the Vampire - 9% ml
    of Quickness - 40% ias
    of Propogation - Replenishes Quantity[10]
    and that on an ethereal matriarchal javelin.

What would you say about a matriarchal javelin like that? (maybe changing ml for chance to cast amp for pvp). Sure, titan's has some other mods that are impressive, but a javelin like this one would be a nice alternative...

Thanks for the tip :)

4. krischan

The inherent zon javelin mod will provide a bonus to javelin skills (up to +3) while zon bows add up to +3 to bow skills.

I don't know much about PvP, but I can hardly imagine that a high-level javazon will be good in PvP. She is more a crowd killer, so I think this is mainly a PvM issue. I might be entirely wrong here however.

Anyway, javazons normally use LF which doesn't benefit from physical damage, so the main point of the physical damage of the javelins is providing enough leech (and killing lightning immunes, of course) and upped Titan's will be good enough with respect to that. However, a chance for casting Amp would be nice for PvM as well, I admit, because it has an area of affect. It surely will only be centered on those enemies which got a direct hit (not those being hit just by LF), although piercing will give you more chances to get it triggered.

My javazon can kill a whole 2+ players cow level with two pairs of ethereal ones, even when throwing at small crowds. Therefore I think its frw and stats bonuses as well as the increased stack of Titan's add more to effectiveness than additional physical damage.

Javazons are very specialized characters, relying on lightning first and on physical damage second. Either you go the Razortail way (100% piercing -> cows) or the T-God's way (more lightning dmg -> all the rest).

Anyway, I would definitely keep rare javelins like yours and never sell them, even if it's just for bragging with the screenshots :lol:

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

As far as I know, each javelin has its own durability, thus, you will break one at the time, eventually totally depleting the stack. So you'd never get the "javazon equivalent" of the zealot eth 450% ED +20max 40%IAS 2socket eth 9% self repairing berzerker axe...

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

...However, certain crafted hit power gloves would beat any unique from 1.10 and before. The knockback mod is outstanding when you haven't found that windforce just yet.

7. krischan

A few months ago we had a discussion about that. IIRC a single javelin has to deplete all its durability (which is greater than 1) between two replenishing rounds. I don't remember details, but the chance is rather small. It never happens in missile combat, however.

See here for details.

... or use a better bow instead, like Faith.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Sorrymac, haven't found that Jah yet... And if I did find one, I already have a Ber, so you could probably guess what I'd do...

9. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, theres a big difference in a lightama and a physical jabber/fend needs. my pvp-jabber would absolutele love some eth selfrepair 300ed, fools, ias,

10. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Hey, that "very trustable person" mentioned on the thread was me!!! Heheeee. Anyway, I don't know what they did on the server side about the ethereal titans, but I have had for 2 months an ethereal titan's with 138 max quantity (at that time) and soon after I posted that thread it went back to 140. Magic? Destiny? Murphy's law? Nobody knows... but it happened. And I have waited like 1 hour on a game for them to go from 138 to 140 before and it didn't happen. I don't know what was it but it was fixed.

I am a light AND physical amazon, the only one I know of currently. I tried for a very long time a balance that would allow me to be both, and I found one (very tricky though, I must say).

My fend level is currently 41, using all the tricks.
    Fend damage is 1975-3668 with an ethereal titans.
    LF, 1-2924 (42 bolts). CS, 1-6333 (11 bolts).
    Max res, Max pierce, 105 IAS and -20% to enemy light res, and fend ar is 11200, which I consider good.

I use fend a LOT, I mean really a LOT. By my experience playing this java for months, the fend bug is inexistent or, at least, not noticeable, without D/A/E. Fend will do the work with light immunes when CS and LF fail. It is also VERY handy when you need to fill your mana and life balls.

In all this time since I posted that thread (and originated that "very trustable person comment from you Krischan), I have never again noticed the eth titans going to less than 140. So, experience tells that it won't happen.

That's why I know that the only thing that there's no way of having is the 2 sockets, on the "eth 450% ED +20max 40%IAS 2socket eth 9% self repairing berzerker axe..." equivalent. The rest is possible, and the javelin won't break. On the other hand, the +3 to javelin skills will give +30%ed to fend (and help with cs and lf too), and the +2 ama instead of the 20 max is maybe even better (still because of fend's +10% ed/lvl). I will check that and come back here to comment.

Edit: That thread about titans losing durability where I was very much irritated was this one: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=252475 (for curiosity's sake) :p

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

+2 ama is a prefix, so you must have meant instead of 2 sockets? +20 max is a suffix, and wouldn't be bad at all. Maybe mana leech instead?

12. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I must have made a mistake, as always :rolleyes:

Of course for pvp the mana leech is useless, so 20 max would be very much welcome.

So,
    +2ama 450% ED +20 max 40%IAS self repairing matriarchal javelin pvp and
    +2ama 450% ED 40% IAS 8%ml self-repairing matriarchal javelin pvm.

Gloves bowazon or java pvp:
    +2 passives
    knockback
    +15 dex
    +15 str
    +40 mana
    20 IAS
    (crafted hit-power)

Gloves java pvm:
    +2 java
    20 IAS
    15 dex
    15 str
    40 mana
    3% ll
    20 life
    10% crushing blow
    (crafted blood)

OR

Gloves java pvm:
    +2 java
    20 IAS
    15 dex
    15 str
    40 mana
    knockback
    (crafted hit-power)

For bowazon pvm, since +2bow/xbow helps almost nothing, just change +2 java for +2 passives.

I heard that War Travellers are the best for javazons pvm, is there no dream crafted boots that would beat them?

I imagine this would make many people o_O:

30% frw
    40% cold res
    40% light res
    40% fire res
    10% fhr
    poison lenght reduced by 25% (or +9 to dex)
    +(20) to Life
    Replenish Life +10
    3% Life Stolen per Hit
    (best possible Blood recipe boots)

On armor, there's the runewords. No rare can beat a runeword, not even the best ever possible. Same on Headgear... On amulets something can exist, better than the uniques. I must think yet.

On belts, I'm not so sure yet that a crafted belt can beat the uniques, for an amazon.

Anyone disagrees so far?

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Err... how many random affixes did you allow on your blood boots? Max randoms are 4, so those boots seem to have more than possible. The deal with the WT is the added damage, which helps a lot, not just for amazons.

About belts, none can beat the piercing on the razortail or the outstanding lightning parade on the TGV.

The item (next to weapon and gloves) I'd be most curious about would be helm. Are there any possible rare circlets that could compete (in any way) with the butt-ugly uniques? Why would an amazon want to hide her hair????

14. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I've added 6. I always think that rares and crafted can have 6... so rare boots can have 6, and crafted only 4? In this case, rare > crafted then.

The problem with rare circlets is that Griffon's is so impreesively good for a light java, it makes it difficult to choose another one. But, since people like variety and the best rare is also pretty good, here it goes:

In time: I NEVER use other than circlets in my amas. Never. I've set this to me long ago, I play for looks mostly and for having fun. And an ama is at her best with a circlet, free hair to the wind...

My dream circlet:
    +2 ama
    30% frw
    2 sockets
    30 str
    60 life
    20 all res

(I believe that they can get 6 modifiers, 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes)

Then socket it with 2 x IAS/15 all res, and you have something that I would use gladly :)

Instead of the 20 all res, one could wish for 30% enhanced damage or 90 to mana too. And instead of 60 life, 8% ml could be added... depends on taste. But it can't get much better than this :) Such a circlet would be one of the best ama items in the game, value going above 120 runes I guess, but still for a pure lightning java, it's soooo hard to get rid of Griffon's...

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

How many random affixes a crafted item gets is dependant on its ilvl. around ilvl 70 or a little above (i think) crafteds always get 4 random affixes. With ilvls lower, they get three or two (or even one?) random affixes, and then a lesser "rlvl add" than the +22 on the highest items.

However, the sum of affixes is usually 7 or 8, as most crafted items have three or even four fixed mods on them, not counting as either affix nor suffix.

I agree with that circlet :D it's very sexy!

16. krischan

From crafter level 71 on, the item will get 4 affixes. However, no more than 3 of them can be a prefix respectively a suffix.

17. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

I tested out the damage on a rare GMB. It does 82-511 dmg on a lvl 90 char. Maybe this could beat WF. I would say that the best jav for a cs zon would be a +6 java skill 40ias java.

18. lifeoflo

lifeoflo IncGamers Member

my dream CS zon javelin is: MAGIC Zon-Only javelins with +6Javelin Skills and 40%IAS, that would be so ****ING damn godly!!!! and yes it can spawn on bnet, i got a +5, there is no suffix, suffix can get ias, and zon-only jav can spawn with +3mod, then add lancers prefix to this, you get a godly 6/40 jav!

EDIT: oh damn just read the post befor mine lol

19. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Interesting, that one I have never thought about... but yes, it would be amazing :)

Krischan: that takes out blood boots, I guess. Rare can beat them, if they get 3 suffixes and prefixes.

About rare GMB's, yes, the perfect GMB can beat a WF... for sure.

20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Would be kind of cool if automods could spawn on uniques, like a +7 j/s thunderstroke, or a 95% resist all HoZ. Imagine the diversity in trade values!

Tell me again: Why is it that assassins can shop their class specific goodies, and the rest of us can't?

Oh, and Frygia... Lust is a path to the Dark Side o_O