Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did you broght Horadric Cube?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kreality, May 15, 2008.

1. kreality

kreality IncGamers Member

Did you broght Horadric Cube?

Just wondering..did you guys actually brought the Horadric Cube in your character inventory? Or you guys just replace it with other 4 mini charm and etc?

by the way, how many empty slot you guys usually left in your inventory? I usually leave it around 8 empty slot.

Maybe this is kinda stupid question but I still want to know.

2. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Re: Did you broght Horadric Cube?

I don't bring the Cube.
    I would rather put SC's/Tome/s or whatnot in my inventory than the Cube.
    Though others would attest that bringing it is more efficient.

As for space left in the 'ventory, I go with a minimum of 8 (two empty columns).

--maxgerin

3. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

I leave the cube at home (stash) and run with just charms and keys in my inventroy. Normally by the end of Hell my inventory looks something like this.

4. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Cube in the backpack, and both tomes. 2 columns empty is preferred.

5. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

I actually tend to carry the cube around with me, except on my LK runner, for whom I took a leaf out of SirPoop's (IIRC) book, and place it at the bottom of the stash in the middle, so when I right-click it, the transmute button is right there underneath the cursor.

6. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

i tend to carry mine since they'll be the only free slots in my inventory should i come across something useful to pick up. i like to fill up my inventory with the appropriate charms.

though for mf characters, i like having the cube with and additional 2x4 or 4x4 free slots =)

7. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

Carry the cube and generally have a 2*4 space remaining if possible for one last item. Also carry a full-tome of town-portal, keys, and a flawless amythest.

8. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

I usually carry my cube and keep 4*3 spots empty.

9. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

aah.. very prepared =)

10. Callador

Callador IncGamers Member

I used to carry both cube and keep 2x4 slots empty when questing/Mfing, but nowadays my inventory is full, since I don't pick up so much items compared what I used to pick up in my early D2 days.
    The space that cube provides seems to be enough usually - well sometimes you'll have to go your stash to empty the cube but that only happens when I'm lucky, so I'm not complaining :tongue:

11. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I carry the cube with me and leave a 2x4 slot open. If I need extra charms then I'll use them, but I like having the cube on me for the extra slots it gives me.

That being said what is with you guys and your unorganized charms! Maybe it's just the OCD in me but I always organize them to be visually pleasing :p. Most of the screenshots I see of them just have them thrown around.

12. nilynrae

nilynrae IncGamers Member

Cube + 2x4 slots free, carry TP book but not ID book usually. I usually have a flawless gem (if appropriate) as well since I sometimes get a gem shrine on the way to Mephi or other areas.

13. Insane Wayne

Insane Wayne IncGamers Member

I play untwinked questing HC chars exclusively.

I used to carry the cube with me, but it became too much of a hassle to unpack it and sell the goods (although I suppose it did save some time due to less town trips.) But now it stays in the stash.

I carry 2 tomes, always.

Throughout Norm and NM, I carry as few charms as possible, for maximum item-selling storage space. If I can get by with terrible resists (casters, high Vit chars) I might carry none. Exceptions would include MF charms, quality GF charms, +mana if it helps, one SC of Frost and Poison for fighters.

In Hell, I use as many charms as I need to feel "safe". Most chars will still have ~16 spaces free, sometimes only 6.

14. Nightswipe

Nightswipe IncGamers Member

Yoh, what a ride through memory lane. I remember not having it in my inventory when I played a few years ago. Now I haven't even been thinking about it. awesome!...just have to find some more charms to make use of the new space :p

15. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Re: Do you bring the Horadric Cube (or something approximating good England speak...)

For me it depends how much a character relies on charms. For charm-intesnive toons then I tend to carry the cube and fill the rest of the backpack with charms, keys and a tome of TP.

For less charm-intensive characters then I leave either a 2x4 or 3x4 space, plus TP tome and keys.

Only normally carry an id tome on MF characters, the rest seem to find enough scrolls if I want to quickly ID something.

16. Nightswipe

Nightswipe IncGamers Member

I never carry keys. Is it higher chance to find good items in locked chests btw?

17. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

I'm curious Dodgydave, what do you consider a charm intensive build? I've found that all my builds have lots of charms to fill life, mana or resistance holes.

18. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Well I found my LF/Bow hybrid zon seemed to need a fair few charms while I was juggling, skills, damage, resistances, life and mana needs. I think my enchant/zeal/es sorc also had a full inventory.

Whereas something like my Tal's pure lightning sorc doesn't need so many.

Lots of damage, enough mana, lots of life (pure vita), maxed resists. So I have 3x4 slots free which would just be filled with either mfscs (mf is already 300%+) or life/mana small charms. More life and mana is always nice but it's not really needed on thsi character.

The Hammerdin I'm currently building doesn't look like he'll need a lot of charms either so again I'll leave 3x4 free on him.

As for Nightswipe and keys/locked chests. I don't know if they drop better but I hate leaving any "popable" behind just because of the knowledge it "could" have something good in it!

(I also have to pick up all gold piles for some reason. Even if its 20 gold and I'm already carrying millions...)

19. Cupcakesnbeer

Cupcakesnbeer IncGamers Member

I'm the same! Leave no thing un-poppoed. My most memerable poppable yet was back to back Shael Runes. Chest and then a barrel in LK, right after the other.:thumbsup: At first I thought my inventory was full.

20. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I always carry the cube with me, I also carry keys (if I run out I tp to town to get more... there is no way I'm leaving that chest locked), and I carry a TP Tomb (no ID tomb, I enjoy going to town to look through my loot). I prefer to have at least 3x4 spots open in my backpack as well, but if I simply must have the charms to survive I will tolerate 2X4, but nothing less. I always pick up rejuvenation potions and cube them up to Full Juv's, so I usually have 1 or 2 squares in the cube taken up with a Juv as I wait to find more.

As for locked chests, I read somewhere on this site once many years ago that they have a "greater chance of double dropping." So they are more likely to drop more stuff, but the quality of the stuff is unchanged.... still.... what if that one locked one you walked past was the one with the Jah rune in it?!?... That's why I open them all.

-hps

Edit: I agree about the gold piles too.