Did the enormous lag return?

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member
Did the enormous lag return?

I tried playing some games on Europe NL and I kept dropping from all of them. Other players kept dropping too. At some point there was only 1 game on the list (I had a high level char.. so I should see more). In one of the games, that I managed to join, few people dropped (there is this message).

Are the dupers ruining battle.net? Or just blizzard servers cant handle all the players? Or perhaps my connection is just poor?
Has any of you experienced something similar?

EagleEntek

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Did the enormous lag return?

Been dropping like a drunk from games all morning - then just after lunch i been seeing ppl drop but i was fine - maybe its sommit visiting us all and testing our connections - who knows.....

:crazyeyes:

SinousSiren

Diabloii.Net Member

Your not alone, everyone on my friends list on West Ladder (Classic & LoD) was impacted by lag spikes of 6 to 10 seconds in length over the past two days. Ping rates during this topped 3-4k, my usual ping is 20-35. Didn't matter if you were in Australia, Germany, SoCal, NoCal, or Washington State on West Realm Ladder: everyone was impacted at the same time.
Oddly, none of us was dropped from games by these lag spikes.

However, Mules games have been dropping after 30-40 minutes as well, if their inactive during that time. The usual tricks to keep a mule in a game, have not been working in 1.12 so far...not sure why this is though, yet.

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member

I noticed that mule games drop VERY quickly if I join them both with my own chars.

My method of perming (going to the corner of blood moor), seems to be working, at least for ~25 minutes.

Btw. I destroyed my glitcher today, need to remake : (((
level 20 now..

squiggle

Diabloii.Net Member

Breaking news just in!

D2 is lagging! wtf omgsz no wais!

You would never think? D2 lagging? Never!

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
well, look who is here...

Your not alone, everyone on my friends list on West Ladder (Classic & LoD) was impacted by lag spikes of 6 to 10 seconds in length....
School is out! New Ladder is on! Also, the time it was happening is bad - between 4-5 pm on Wednesday was the worst. I didn't have any problems on West yesterday, Thursday. Guess that alot of businessmen and secretaries and clerks are checking the internet at that hour for last minute emails, or they just got home and are checking emails. It's always been a bad time on weekdays.

In years past, when Diablo2 was new, the worst times were 8-10:30 pm Pacific DayTime on USWest and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. This in addition to the bad 4-5 pm weekday window. It was so jerkity that many people who could, switched their playing times to the wee hours of the morning. After the fall of 2002, these times abated and were replaced by duping spree lags....>.<