Did I just get Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Did I just get Hacked?

I was just in a game a second ago and now I cant connect. I can connect to west but not east and if it try it says my internet is down. Before this happened I was in a game that lagged real bad and I was unable to make my own game. I must of tried 5 or 6 times to make a game and it didnt work.

Good news is I have nothing to lose other then Sigons set but I also can't play tonight. Anyone have any ideas as to what happened to me?

Thanks?

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, tmd turka,
How's it going? I think I know how you feel, as I have been there myself. To not be able to log in and start panicking - I've been there. First off, don't worry about it. You most likely have not been hacked, and just had an IP restriction put on you.

This page will give you more information; I know the page is titled "Are you receiving a message saying: “Your Connection Has Been Temporarily Restricted”?" and you didn't actually receive the message, but it's similar to that.

Close the Diablo 2 application, then wait about five minutes before you restart it. If that doesn't work, wait half an hour instead. The ban could be there for over an hour, sometimes.

Hope that helped,
-=MaStA ViC

Sgraffite

Diabloii.Net Member
If someone else is on your account it doesn't stop you from logging into it, just from using the character they have logged in. It's just a temp ban, if you can change your ip you will be able to log back in.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
It was in fact a temp ban. A very long temp ban of close to an 2 hours. In my panic I somehow managed to switch Realms? Im not real sure since my comp was about to freeze up when I was trying to log in. Sever comp slowdown I guess.

My friend had his account hacked and he could not log in since the hacker managed to change the accounts password(what i thought was happening to me).

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
It was in fact a temp ban. A very long temp ban of close to an 2 hours. In my panic I somehow managed to switch Realms? Im not real sure since my comp was about to freeze up when I was trying to log in. Sever comp slowdown I guess.

My friend had his account hacked and he could not log in since the hacker managed to change the accounts password(what i thought was happening to me).
I've had temp bans up to 24hrs. Relax.

Also if you enter the wrong password it will tell you. :sad2:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I fail to see where the statistics part of this thread is. In addition, the way you add postings here makes the impression that you confuse this forum with a chat channel or an emergency hotline.

Apart from has been said already, there is a "How to not get hacked" sticky in the community forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.