Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did I Gimp My PVP Necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Anarchist-DH, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Anarchist-DH

Anarchist-DH IncGamers Member

Did I Gimp My PVP Necro?

Hey.

I decided i wanted to make a bone necro for dueling. Along the way however, I invested in skel mastery and skel, and now i'm wondering if I messed my build up or not. I have...

20 Bone Spirit
    20 Bone Spear
    16 Bone Wall
    14 Bone Prison
    11 Teeth
    2 Skeleton Mastery
    3 Revive Skeleton
    1 Mage
    1 Amp
    1 Bone Shield
    1 Corpse Explosion

Did I screw my build up going for skellies over decrep? I only ask because even with an enigma, shako, um'ed 2 sojs, white, p diamoned homo, and a nice ammy I'm still getting my *** handed to me in PVP duels. My belt and boots are shitty, but I can't afford Marrow and Arachnid's.

2. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

You will still probably be able to hurt people but you wont do max damage. It will probably do ok in pub duels as most people are idiots there :), but if ya happen to come up on someone that knows how to fight a bone necro, you'll most likely lose.

3. Anarchist-DH

Darn, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for the help.

4. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

np, it's not to big of a deal to rebuild a character. Once your over lvl 24 its a piece of cake. (ancients to lvl 25 and you get norm baal exp then).

I would really suggest just playing him some. Who knows, you may have just found a new build :) never will know unless people try new things.

If your looking for a summoner hybrid, I suggest you do a poison nova necro as it only has 3 synergies. There is a guide floating around in the sticky somewhere.

5. Anarchist-DH

Well actually, as far as I can see I only have 6 hard points wasted. I'm lvl 79, so yeah you're right it's not so bad. Thanks for the input.

6. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

IMO I wouldn't have invested any points in Prison, and used the Marrowalk boots instead.

Maybe you could make a new build something like:

20 Bone Spirit
    20 Teeth
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Wall

Couple that with 33 Bone Prison synergy points from Marrowalks, and that should give you the best possible base damage for your bone spells. :)

7. Anarchist-DH

I'm set against using the Marrow bug. I think it's cheap and helps to perpetuate a negative feeling about necromancers. I don't want to be the next Bowazon, do you? Plus, if Blizzard fixes the bug in the future my charachter would be gimped and BP is super useful for trapping a boss.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

:thumbsup:

9. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

anyone else see whats wrong with this? "enimga, sojs, etc" " i cant affored marrow and arachnids" sounds kinda stupid if u ask me. stop buying stuff off ebay. :D

10. Anarchist-DH

Heh, I said I couldn't afford marrow or arachnids meaning I couldn't afford it in the game economy, in that sense. I have nothing to trade for them, and to get them I'd have to sacrifice some of my gear. I just started again because of 1.10 and was given most of my stuff by friends, which I traded away for more stuff etc. I really need to get my MF fire sorceress, Blazed_One, into hell but that project will have to take a backseat to my necro of course. I've loved this class since I started playing, even before expansion.

But I've been thinking about buying a item for a website lately, maybe a five dollar Zod so I could trade it away. Does that make me a bad person? I don't see how, people pay ten bucks a month to play other RPG's.

11. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

btw, using the marrow bug, even if blizzard does gimp it that still should mean that you have 20 spare skills lying around, I mean what else are you gonna spend them on?

12. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

All I can see is what's wrong with your post. Try to be less ignorant when you post stuff next time.

1. just because someone has barely enough funds to make/buy an enigma and/or sojs, doesn't mean they automatically have ADDITIONAL funds to buy arach/marrows. That's illogical. if I have $20 to buy a videogame, does that mean I automatically have another $10 for the expansion?? No.

2. how does having an enigma and not being able to afford arach/marrows mean that someone buys items on ebay? Again, completely irrational/illogical argument. I have enigmas and i"ve don't even own an ebay account, much less look up/buy d2 items online. In fact, I've never bought ANYTHING online cept for my lacrosse stick and gloves. You don't need to buy items with real money to get an enigma. It's called IN GAME TRADING.

Don't flame people with stupid crap when you don't know what you're talking about.

--fatty

13. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

:thumbsup: Fatty

Sounds like sour grapes for people that are less lucky that others...and have to accuse others for the riches that they do find/trade for...when they have not been as lucky.

As for the pay online comment by someone...I'll pay the $12.00 a month just to get rid of the lame bots...and cry baby people that complain about everything.

HoS

14. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

if only that were an option, i'd probably pay it too

:drink: here's to hos's idea :drink:

@muteownz: sry if I came off like an a-hole, i dunno ur post just rubbed me the wrong way. anyways, I hope u see my point about the ebay/items thing

15. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

if u use the marrowwalk bug, then u could put some points into the summoning tree.

16. jren

jren IncGamers Member

Well Said Brah! :worship:

Anyways, maybe its your necro dueling strategy that's making you lose (E.g. I think for a necro, playing defensively can actually win u some duels that playing offensively wouldn't).
    I'm not saying that you are definitely losing because of your strategy, however, it is a possibility it isn't your misplaced Skill points that are causing you to lose.

PS: I agree that making a lvl79 over again isn't such a big deal. Public Baal runs should get u back there in a few days if you are dedicated :lol:

17. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

Ever find a problem with using the IM+BG combo during 1.09 and earlier? It's probably one of the oldest bugs/exploits in this game. It existed right alongside the piercing GA bug and old AR bug of the Bowazon. Other than becoming a cookie-cutter build, the Necromancer hasn't taken any negative flak because of the IM+BG bug.

I haven't seen IBS perpetuate any negative feelings toward Necromancers. At least, nothing different than the average swear from getting killed by one.

Point being, Marrowalks is not worth a stand on the soapbox. It's a matter of personal preference whether you choose to make use of it or not. The most important thing is to have fun. :D

18. Anarchist-DH

Nope, never took advantage of that one, either.

It's like teleing during duels, or using slow target. It gives you an unfair advantage and is annoying. I hope they fix it soon, so all the little kiddies move on to another class and I can finally find some marrowalks for a decent price.

19. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

so you wouldnt approve of my idea for a bone necro using marrow bug, decrep and trying to get some way of teleing?

20. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That's a pretty lame reply. Funny but lame. :thumbsup: