Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did I do something wrong? (help my WW barb)

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by commandercool, May 30, 2005.

1. commandercool

commandercool IncGamers Member

Did I do something wrong? (help my WW barb)

my pvp ww barb is lvl73. i use him for all around dueling. everything just looks low to me. i need some help improving him this here are his gear and stats:

skills
    20 sword mastery
    20 BO
    20 WW
    7 leap
    3 shout
    1 in inc speed/stamina, iron skin, nat res, zerk

stats
    70 str
    ~120 dex
    280 vita
    base energy

gear
    arreats /w 38%ed jewel
    eth oath BB
    SS /w diamond
    dusk enigma
    bloodfists (dracs at 76)
    string (arachind at 80)
    gores
    angelic ammy/ring
    ravenfrost

charms are steel, max dmg, str/dex, life/mana.

with this stuff my barb has:
    3k WW dmg
    10k AR
    9k def
    3.5 life, 400 mana (BO)
    20 fire/psn res, 40 light, 75+ cold (hell)

is this normal for a barb? because everything looks way to low to me

i have a couple ways to improve him but i would like some advice:
    1. get better warcry weps (mine are only +4 total now)
    2. get demon limb
    3. get grief zwei OR anni
    now with number 3 im pretty poor so i can only afford 1 right now, which would be better to have?

sorry about the length of this post but any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

First of all, get to level 85. It's easy to achieve, and it will help you ALOT. The second issue is your resists. You WILL need to have them maxed, and preferably some extra "buffer" resists, at least in lightning and cold. Get some Shimmering Grand Charms, that would be the cheapest way, and put an Um in your Arreat's instead of the ED jewel. You will need the resists more than you will need that bit of damage.

As for charms, my personal opinion is that after resists are taken care of, life is the most important thing. A 20 life small charm will, after BO, give you around 50 life or so. This is much better than 20 max damage or whatever you'd get from a Fine Small Charm. If you can get your hands on Fine Small Charms of Vita, that'd be fine of course, but they are expensive and the perfect ones (3/20/20) are almost definitely duped. My charms are: two Shimmering Grand Charms of Sustenance (14-15res/~30 life), and the rest are small vita's, some with secondary mods, and then an Anni. Anni is good, but I wouldn't advice trading for one unless you know the person well, because it can't be put in the trade window so there's a big chance of getting scammed (the drop-items-on-ground deal).

Your items generally look okay, but there's a few issues that I see. First of all, barbs usually go either the Barb vs. Melee way, or the Barb vs. Caster way. BvM's go for high defense/AR, max block, no FCR - BvC's ignore their defense and focuses on dual wield, maneuverability (sp?) and resists/absorb. You look a bit like a mix, and I think you'd get more out of choosing one side. Either max shout OR leap, don't try some half-hearted mix of both. Don't use Arach if you're not gonna follow through on the BvC deal, since the 20% FCR alone won't do you much good if you don't have anything else to supplement it. I'll try give some typical examples of the two setups.

BvM
    Arreats with ed jewel or 2x Ber CoA
    High-defense Enigma (dusk/archon) or Duress, Fortitude etc.
    Stormshield
    EBotD Zerker (or whatever's better on ladder)
    Verdungo's
    Gore Rider
    Angelic combo
    Raven Frost or second Angelic ring
    Steel Rend or Dracul's

BvC
    Arreats with Um
    Enigma Breastplate
    EBotD Zerker
    Beast Zerker
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Rare resist boots or Gore Rider
    Raven Frost } or rare resist/fcr ring
    Second absorb ring, or Angelic combo } or rare resist/fcr ring
    Highlord's Wrath if not Angelic combo
    Magefist or Dracul's

Warcry weapons are easy to get - go to Act5 Hell, visit Anaya (make sure you've completed the quest and her red portal is open), trade with her, and look through her throwing spears for an "Echoing Throwing Spear". If she doesn't have one, enter the red portal and come right back until you have two of these. Should take half an hour at most.

As for the Demon Limb, it's a great item and you don't sacrifice anything to use it, so there's no reason not to. It shouldn't be too expensive to get either, so go ahead. As for your weapon, well, I don't know too much about those ladder runewords, but if this "grief zwei" is alot better than your current weapon, you should get that instead of Anni. After all, an average Anni only gives you 1 to all skills, 15 to all stats, and 15 to all resists. If you have a choice between that and a weapon that's 20-30% overall better than your current one (not talking about ED, but overall performance), go for the weapon.

Hope that was of some help.

10chars :lol:

3. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

are those base points into leap if so thats too much. your defense is considerable low for a barb. you should max shout for increase defense and every other point into iron skin. more defense is the key against vs barb/pally.

4. commandercool

commandercool IncGamers Member

well i tried to make my barb like a hybrid, i figure go 2-handed vs casters, and 1-handed + ss vs melee. im think ill max out shout now and just leave leap where it is since i dont even use it to much vs casters. thanks for the advice.

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

For casters use, Grief Zerker + Beast Zerker. Actually, you can use this setup for everything except high def BVB. Leap is very useful in BvC once you've mastered it.

6. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

i would rather sink more points into leap than into ironskin, leap is VERY VERY useful in bva or bvc duels. IMO def is not really needed unless dueling another ww barb

7. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

apparently you've never made a good bvc barb, leap is a skill that is more important than even shout, I would consider putting AT LEAST 15 points into it if not maxed if you are planning for bva or bvc duels, as for iron skin, u shouldnt put more than 1 pt into it if you're not a bvb or melee only barb, as for vs pallys, 10k def is MORE than enough to own any pally built

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Defense is pretty useless vs. pally. You only need it vs BvB barbs.