Did Fry's dog in that episode of Futurama make you cry? if

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Did Fry's dog in that episode of Futurama make you cry?

God damn it. I saw that clip again today.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well it won't really work without the episode to contextualise it, I just assumed you're all well-read...

Here's a YTMND about it.

For context, if you're a heathen:

wikipedia said:
Fish-out-of-water Fry often tries to recapture his past. He came into a large sum of money through a millennium of interest accrued in a bank account and furnished an apartment in a style befitting his twentieth-century era. He discovered the preserved corpse of his dog Seymour in "Jurassic Bark", and was all set to bring him back to life with the Professor's help, until he realized the dog lived twelve years after his disappearance. Deciding Seymour had lived a full life without him, Fry abandoned the project. In a flashback we see Seymour, like Odysseus' dog Argos, waited all those years for his master to come home, never leaving that spot or giving up hope, until old age finally got him. Many fans consider this to be the series' most touching moment.

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
Yes, thank you for bringing that up, now I want to drive back to houston to see my dogs right now. My mom told me that they fight over who gets to sleep in my at night and one does not leave my room at all.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
i never saw it but reading that synopsis just made a tear roll down my cheek...i blame ash for bringing up the christmas puppy incident.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes! Oh my God, that episode sucks. Even after Bender jumps into the magma to save the dog, Fry gives it all up.

*whistles 'Walking on Sunshine*

MadMachine

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
i never saw it but reading that synopsis just made a tear roll down my cheek...i blame ash for bringing up the christmas puppy incident.
Are you going to have to bump the therapy up to two hours a week?

MadMachine

Diabloii.Net Member
I've only seen two eps of Futurama. That one and the one where bender sells his body.

It didn't make me cry - the only cartoon that made me cry was the last ep of Maison Ikkoku. I try to hold it back but it nails me every single time.

Bordillo

Banned
the episode where he flashes back and sees what his brother and family did whenever he dissapeared was semi depressing

S Z

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, yes it did. But then I'm a bit weak like that.

Ace_wanderer said:
That was a really sad episode, I watched it as a kid and it still gets me, although I dont cry.
That's because you're dead inside.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Futurama: "Jurassic Bark"
Fry spots his petrified dog in an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History.

the episode was sad but doesnt make me cry :hanky:

im only 2 episodes shy of having the entire series on TiVo
Futurama - 401 Roswell That Ends Well
Futurama - 509 The Sting

Bordillo said:
the episode where he flashes back and sees what his brother and family did whenever he dissapeared was semi depressing
Futurama - 310 The Luck of the Fryish

MadMachine said:
I've only seen two eps of Futurama. That one and the one where bender sells his body.
Futurama - 207 A Head In The Polls

superdave said:
i will if i ever see that episode.
if youd like i can burn a vcd of it :wink3:

Star Dust

Diabloii.Net Member
It made me teary-eyed, as did the episode where Fry got the Robot Devil's hands, and almost in the one where Fry wrote a message to Leela in the stars.

Futurama is a great show.