Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did ALL this poof at once?! Whats going on???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrostyTheSnowSorc, Sep 6, 2006.

1. FrostyTheSnowSorc

FrostyTheSnowSorc IncGamers Member

Did ALL this poof at once?! Whats going on???

I recently loaded about 120 Pgems/Runes/a few uniques into a mule account for a mule trade with a friend from uswest forums.... So I PM him last night after I get the mule loaded up.... Wake up this morning I have a PM from him asking if i loaded the mules up because they were empty... So I decide to check it out myself... and sure enough... GONE... everything is totally gone.. Any ideas out there as to what happened??? Has anyone had the same problem?? :cry: :rolleyes:

2. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

If I were an untrusting person I might suspect the 'friend' emptied your mule account then claimed it was empty when they found it...

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I guess somebody logged on to that account and stole the items. There are several explanations for that, like hacks, trojans, false friends, stupid passwords etc.

Perhaps there was a bnet rollback (the state of an earlier time got restored for some reason), but in that case at least parts of your stuff should be on the previous characters.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

That's also the first thing that came to my mind :grin: ! Anyway, it would be a good idea to change the password while it's still time, to prevent something more serious (trojan, etc...). Did you download/install something, or visit odd websites recently ?

5. FrostyTheSnowSorc

No.. nothing like that... and i doubt he stole it because he has sent me about 10 PMs wondering why the mule was empty.. and he hasnt changed the pass yet and there are still items on the acct.

I've checked previous mules... nothing is in them.. (the ones i originally had the items on)

6. frish

frish IncGamers Member

this one? :rolleyes:

i'd say it was a rollback, even though it sounds very strange...

7. FrostyTheSnowSorc

Hmm.. Whatever the case... I'm not happy with b.net =\

8. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

if ure keylogged it wont help to change the pword

download hijack this and run a scan lol

9. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I'd say...

It'd be pretty hard to rollback that many characters with that many items. Simple answer would be someone took the items without authorization, whether it's this 'friend' or someone else. One way to find out would be to check the last logon date, but if you've entered the account several times since then it's too late. Maybe Blizzard should list the last five or more logons so things like this can be checked