Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did 1.09 dupes disappear?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Atomium, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Did 1.09 dupes disappear?

I have had a small debate with Snowblind on the ETF. Since it was kind of OT, I would like to continue that here.

The question is, are there many 1.09 dupes still in circulation?

He thinks that most of them would have been deleted by now. (Snowblind, correct me if this is not what you meant)

I must say that I don't share his optimism, and unfortunately I have several elements to support my point of view.

1. there are still an awful lot of SoJs sold on Bnet, even if D-Clone seems to become much rarer.

2. even if the ETF is said to be legit and the heavy posters like Snowblind, Dracoy or MortIIs can be trusted, there must be at least some newcomers with a few dozens or hundreds of posts who sell dupes here too. But I never saw anyone here complaining about an item disappearing, not once. I don't think that dupes do go "pooof" so easily.

3. I personnally traded a few items on Bnet (and if I sell them here, I specify clearly that they are from Bnet, like I did for a GF a few weeks ago), and I also received for free a few obviously duped items (namely an Arkaine and a SoJ that you will never see me trading on the ETF). None of these items ever disappeared...

I have heard that bugged/hacked items were being deleted by 1.10. Since I don't have any of those anymore, I can't say (I received a white ring once, but I offered him to some guy because wearing it was actually no fun at all). But I am pretty sure that most of the 1.09 dupes are still around.

What is your opinion about this?
    Did you ever experienced the disappearance of a traded item?

(And please, don't start to flame me because I admit to have a few suspect items. I keep those on a mule somewhere, I did not make them, I don't try to trade them, I am not ruining anybody's game experience. And this is not the point of this thread.)

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Duped items do poof, I've had a few runes poof on me, but not once has an item disappeared. My opinion? Well some dupes did get cleaned off the realms, and some stayed. I guess it's a matter of what blizz thinks doesn't matter too much, what they can and cannot delete, etc..

3. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Ok duped runes are now poofing.

Duped uniques do not poof. The first wf i ever bought turned out to be ilvl99 when a mher checked it for me sinc ei wanted all my wfs to be checked. I still have it on one of my mules O_O

4. conan

conan IncGamers Member

I have been offered (USEast NL) "Gale Grasp" zon gloves, "C Grip" Rings ","Imp Brow" Ammys, "Armageddon Fletch" Ammys, 08 Gazes, 08 WF, 08 Hellmouths, 08 SS's, "Storm Circlet" Necro ammys, for trade (ALL) of witch are heavily duped, as late as this past week. So I would say Rust Storm isnt entirely as effective as one might think.

5. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

some of the items listed above are items from classic and have been around for 5 or 6 patches. i've seen them in this patch and if they haven't been deleted by now, they won't be. so something else to consider is when it was duped. blizzard may have a better way of tracking the recent dupes.

as far as stuff duped in 09 is concerned, some is there. some will always slip through the cracks. the hackers/dupers spend more time trying to brake the game than blizzard spends trying to fix it.

ya know what was probably the most effective thing they did to stop dupes? improve the items. sure everyone used soul scratches in classic, but they were dwarfed by everything in LOD. a great classic 2 handed wep is 250-300 dmg.

6. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if ETF stands for euro trade or east trade, but white rings were only on west.

7. ~FaMe~

~FaMe~ IncGamers Member

ETF stands for Europe Trade Forum.

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

Alot of 08's didnt get deleted for example:

08 wf's
    08 gaze's
    08 ss's

Some did get delted, the main 2 coming to mind being 08 valor and 08 gf.

Rust didnt do a great job with dupes but it got rid of hacks which is much more important.

9. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

I still have an 08 SS which I'm pretty sure is duped. Still sitting on my mule, but has a kite shield template and tower shield sprite.

10. ~FaMe~

~FaMe~ IncGamers Member

08 Highlords are still here too.

11. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Honestly, i dont think any of the dupes and hacks are completly gone. Their numbers have diminished greatly, but theyre all still around. 40/15s, .08 stuff, all that mess is still here, just not in as great of numbers.