Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diamonds from the dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by {KOW}Spazed, Jun 6, 2005.

1. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Diamonds from the dead

http://www.lifegem.com/index.asp

So would you do it? Would you be cremated and then turned into a precious stone?

On one hand, I think it is pretty cool. On the other, what do you do with the stone? Keep it in a box? Wearing it would be kinda odd. Displaying it in your house seems kinda creepy too.

2. KnightFall

KnightFall Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty spooky really...

Having a memento of your loved one is a good thing (I have my late Grandad's watch) but turning them into a Diamond is just weird.

KnightFall

3. nrabbit

nrabbit Diabloii.Net Member

i would do it. because ceratinly i will become some sort of expensive diamond. :D
    would be pretty cool to hang on paris hilton's neck :D

4. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

You're assuming it would be from her neck, as opposed to one of her other appendages... And I can think of far better places for my remains.

5. UserMathias

UserMathias Diabloii.Net Member

Once I'm dead, I won't care what happens to my body. They can turn me into a diamond if they want, as long as it's profitable and not done merely for the "memory" bull****.

In the future, when robots will work for us like slaves, there will be a lot of excess people. We will be able to convert the unworthy ones into diamonds! :clap:

6. Arokthis

Arokthis Diabloii.Net Member

All over the world there are people with the ashes of loved ones on display in their homes. What's so weird about having a rock? One nice thing about it is that you don't have to worry about spilling anything. There was an episode of the show Family Matters where Carl dropped the urn containing the ashes of his wife's relative (an aunt, I think) and ended up having to pay for a second hot-air baloon ride somewhere so they could drop all the ashes from his fireplace because she had been mixed into them.

7. festers50

festers50 Diabloii.Net Member

I want to be creamated, and the ashes returned to my house then dumped on the living room floor ... so that the "Little Woman" (short joke) will have to clean up after me one more time :lol:

8. Keldaris

Keldaris Diabloii.Net Member

why can i see a new motive for murder? the next robert pickton won't be feeding 50 prostitutes to his pigs.......

9. Undisputed Ruler of All

Undisputed Ruler of All Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know... I think that I would rather become part of the food chain. I eat lots of cows, so why not get eaten by some random wild animal whose decomposing corpse becomes grass, which the cows then eat, so in essence, the cows eat me... okay never mind, that's just as creepy as the diamond...

10. Damotta

Damotta Diabloii.Net Member

I think having a gem on the mantle would look a whole lot better than an urn with some ashes in it. Course, I dunno if many people have the kind of money to get their loved one cremated then made into a gem.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Bah, that idea was on a smirnoff advert years ago, they really invented it. :lol:
    Anyway, hell yea i'd do it. Then i can truely say (while dead) that i ssell my body.

12. Tor

Tor Diabloii.Net Member

are tificial diamonds haev weird colors though, i saw a documentary on it on discovery

13. Gibby

Gibby Banned

Who says I'm gonna die? :D

14. Freemason

Freemason Banned

I simply want to be encased in an above ground tomb of my own design in a coffin of my own making. Bury me with my masonic apron, my rifle and a bottle of rum.

15. James the Best

James the Best Diabloii.Net Member

Eh, I think that's kinda creepy. I'm a more traditional guy, I want to be buried underground.

16. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy Diabloii.Net Member

And like any good odd story, snopes.com has done a piece on it.

17. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight Diabloii.Net Member

What kind of eye for an eye bullplop is that? :lol:

EDIT: I paraphrased and such on the quote, dont get nitpicky

18. axeil

axeil Diabloii.Net Member

They used to but now they've gotten the technique to the point where you can get any color you want (clear, yellow, orange, red, blue, green, pink, etc).

19. Stevinator

Stevinator Diabloii.Net Member

at 4-22 thousand dollars, and considering there's prolly not that much carbon in us once you squish it up in to diamond density, I doubt you'd make money on the process. the place prolly charges much more than a regular synthetic diamond would cost. Although, usually after the funeral and everything you've blown a nice wad on whomever has passed, so it might not be that much more expensive. Consider that caskets are rather expensive and gravesites can be as well.

It's not a terrible idea, but where does all my other atoms go? I mean there's all kinds of hydrogen and oxygen in me too. and minerals--enough iron to make a good sized nail, I'm wondering what happens to the rest....my guess is the plant that makes you into a diamond has smokestacks and since we've passed all these clean air laws they have big filter-gizmos on them to keep the air relatively clean....a good chunk of you would likely end up as good on a filter.

See, it's all in how you look at it. If you think about, I'd almost rather be burned up and released into the air (and made into a diamond) than left to rot in a casket. Not that it really matters...I mean, i'll be dead. whatever my heirs want works best for me, you know?