Dialup a liability?

Solnavi69

Diabloii.Net Member
Dialup a liability?

Hey gang, I was wonderin if I could play this on AOL 9.0. Dont tell me to get comcast or anything, because I can't, alright. So, please tell me I can, because I love d2.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
It would depend on the speed you can get. It's recommended you can get a least 28.8Kpbs to play online. I know that some dialup connections get less than that, though.

Keep in mind, though, that AOL is known for it's connection losses and interruptions...

I know you can't get another Internet connection, but just be ready to accept that it might be difficult to get a stable game going :)

Taurgon

Diabloii.Net Member
I played on dial up when I first got the game, but when I got to Hell, between the lost connections and lag, the death penalty became too much to bear and I switched to Single Player. Is a DSL out of the question too?

Solnavi69

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I can't "try it" because I lost my d2, so I'd have to go and buy the battle chest or something. And dsl is out of the question, its not my choice to make. I've played d2 on aol before, but that was like years ago. I hope AOL stepped their sh*t up a bit.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
dial up is ok. I spend half my d2 bnet life on dial up. Just be ready for common lag and a slow paced game with some disconnects. Don't have other programs running in the background like AIM or something.