Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diabloii.Net site update and looking for help

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Rushster, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Hi everyone!

In the past 12 months things have been rather quiet on the Diablo front but hopefully, things will pick up soon. With that in mind, myself, Elly and Flux have been busy working on other things in real life and also on the site when we can, whether it's news or the podcast etc.

The site itself is key to the Diablo community and in April 2017 it will be 20 years old, making it the longest running gaming fansite on the Internet that we know of.

For the past 2 years the site has been running purely non-profit, we don't make enough off the ads thanks to banner blocking and we are not funded by some large organisation. We are essentially keeping it running out of our own pockets and to do that we need to do other work which is frustrating. We appreciate all the help from the PALS but there are not enough to make a dent in the overheads.

We are now looking for help from the community to help us keep ahead of the curve and keep the site updated and essentially online for the whole Diablo community so they can access all the great resources here.

If you think you can help then please drop an email over to paul @ incgamers.com. Right now we are looking for help with the news and writing to keep the site fresh.

As we have limited time, only apply if you are serious and wanti to help out, and if you have samples of your writing please include it.

T2000 likes this.
  2. buddah

buddah Diabloii.Net Member

I'm so sad this great site is so quiet now...I'm especially sad the D2 trading forums are practically dead! Just couple years ago they were still fantastic. Of course one can't expect that last forever...I'm going to cry now. lol

Elly likes this.
  3. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Well it's quieter because, well Diablo 3. We're all still very much here.

4. D jr

D jr Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard actively killed the fansites off by designing D3 in a way that players would never feel the need to access a website in order to find information about the game. Everything had to be as easy and straightforward as possible. To any QQers who are going to bash my post, I can dig the blue posts up regarding this issue as they are all in the Wiki.
    These moronic Blizzard career guys basically killed off the community we had at the time of D2. I won't buy a single game from them again. D3 vanilla has been my last Blizzard purchase.

5. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Blizzard has been trying to kill off fansites for over a decade. They really don't like them which is the reason why they are important as an independent voice for the players.

D jr and Holyknight3000 like this.
  6. Kasceis

Kasceis Diabloii.Net Member

I definitely want this site to always be here.

T2000 likes this.
  7. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

We are trying our very best to make sure it does but it's not easy because it costs a lot to run. Elly is personally taking on this burden at the moment but that won't go on forever unless people can help us.