Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diabloii.net banning?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Thyroid, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyroid

Thyroid IncGamers Member

Diabloii.net banning?

Hey all, since this is the community forum (first time posting here) I was just wondering your opinions on the matter. The diabloii.net member Atenza was banned yesterday for the reason of trading 40/15 jewels. Now I clearly understand that trading dupes warrants a punishment, however Atenza was banned forever from these forums. Seeing as how there are so many other people who trade, mention, or encourage the use of duped items in almost every forum, what do you think on the matter?
    If such harsh actions are to be taken against the trading of 40/15's, a most likely duped item, then what about all the other duped items such as classic duped boots/amulets, perfect CoA's, HIGHRUNES(the chance of so many ppl having zod's is statistically improbable)...

As a sidenote, he has never gotten into any trouble w/ a mod before including not having his threads closed and Atenza received no warning, he was banned within hours of posting. (This is not a thread against any mod, but rather a question of whether or not other people believe a 40/15 warrants a ban and the definition of a "duped item")

2. Z-Suijin

Z-Suijin IncGamers Member

Just Guessing but I think this is Atenza ?:undecided:

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think it's silly that saying you use certain items on one forum is ok, but saying you use it on another means you are forever barred from ever posting here again.

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

talking about dupes or using them is a question of morality but not against rules per se.

Trading 40/15 are explicitly prohibided while high runes up to zod are not. The same rule says acting against this rule result in a permanant ban. That's it.

5. IVfluids

IVfluids IncGamers Member

I think by them having it up in the rules already, that is considered a warning. May be a bit strict, but it's their home, we're just guests.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the rules, the rules are indeed the rules.

So posting a trade or an ISO of anything that is a known dupe (I.E. in the "known dupes list", that is in the trade forums) or posting a trade or an ISO for anything that is on the Do Not Trade List, is grounds for a perma ban.

This or these, forums are against dupes and hacks, and this is stated in the forum rules. The trade forum rules are enforced just the same as any other forum rule.

All of that said, one of two things happened yesterday YOU ( I say you since I am almost 100% sure that you are Atenza posting under a new account) either did not read the general forum rules including the trade forum rules or did not even bother to read the rules, and posted a trade that would result in a ban, or that you did read the rules but chose to disregard them, and got banned for it.

Also on these forums the rules state that we rarely warn before banning, this is a warning to you as a forum user that we do not have to warn before banning, and that we will and do ban with no warning.

Creating a new account after temp banned or after a perma ban results in being banned again.

As such, this account will be banned as well.

If you honestly made a mistake, your only recourse is to contact Shaperla, (who is the trade forum mod that banned you) via Email or Instant messenger and talk it over with him.

Creating any more new accounts will result in more bannings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.