DiabloII Error

zelfmoordis

Diabloii.Net Member
DiabloII Error

When I reach a certain point in the bloody foothills my diablo II crashes..

"Diablo II Error"

How come? What to do? Help me!!

:wave:

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you ran scandisk and has it found any errors? You might have some flaw with the game files installed on your computer. Reinstalling might help fixing it :)

zelfmoordis

Diabloii.Net Member
Borlag said:
Have you ran scandisk and has it found any errors? You might have some flaw with the game files installed on your computer. Reinstalling might help fixing it :)

It seems to be a scratch on the cd causing some corrupt .mpq files :S

Chances are I can never play diablo2 again :'(

decibel

Diabloii.Net Member
zelfmoordis said:
It seems to be a scratch on the cd causing some corrupt .mpq files :S

Chances are I can never play diablo2 again :'(

are you able to copy this file to your hdd? never say never, the game is like subj $20 retail now. heck, i see people on here posting that they are done with the game forever and plan to snap their discs. this would be a perfect opportunity for you, if you don't have the $20.

$10 gets you a new disc replacemnet from blizz, but it takes 6-8 years to arrive it seems :lol:
edit: where do it crash? is it the same place each time? if so, it could be that unique imp that is by the narrow bit. if he's corrupt when the game goes to load him (a bi before you reach him) the game will freeze.

zelfmoordis

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
$10 gets you a new disc replacemnet from blizz, but it takes 6-8 years to arrive it seems :lol:
edit: where do it crash? is it the same place each time? if so, it could be that unique imp that is by the narrow bit. if he's corrupt when the game goes to load him (a bi before you reach him) the game will freeze.
I went to the local pc store and got a diabloii with expansion for about 5$..

The box was damaged, what a shame :)

I am back on the train! Thanks for the help guys!