Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo walked the earth, but no DC to be found...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Wolv, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Diablo walked the earth, but no DC to be found...

On USEast last nite and was about to go to bed when the soj count starts going. I figure I'll stay in the game and see what happens. In the meantime I clear a few boss runs and generally screw off. SOJ counts keeps going, so I go to Stoney field to clear out minions, leaving Rak alone for DC pop. Minions are cleared and I'm hanging out when I get the Diablo walks the earth. Go to Rak, and Rak is still there. I went to several other superuniques - No DClone. I went to bosses around any areas I cleared out earlier. No DClone. I even went to areas I had killed superuniques. No DClone.

So the only thing I have to show for my patience is this: :yawn:

Bah.

2. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

Had you already killed diablo?

I've heard that if he's already been spawned and killed DC wont spawn in that game.

3. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

He wont spawn on a superunique that youve already "spawned". When i see the counter going, i sit tight and wait, making sure not to disturb any superuniques, and he's usually waiting for me when he finally walks.

Also, i hear if you went and cleared eldritch and shenk, that he will spawn as Dac Farren halfway down the bloody foothills. Did you check that?

4. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Nope I didnt kill Diablo.

What is considered a 'spawn'? Being close enough to see them on the screen, or simply being in the general area? Rak probably was spawned before he walked.

However, I did go to areas w/ Supers that I know I hadn't previously spawned.

Yeah I killed Shenk n Eldritch, but didnt check Dac. Damn. That could be accurate.

5. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I had the exact same thing, once. The question is: Did Earth shake when you got the message D walks the Earth? If Earth did not shake, it means that he did not walked yet (a bug, I guess). Quit the game, and come back with another char, or with your char. Perhaps he will spawn then. (personnally, I quit the game, and later someone else found DC in that game)
    Good luck

6. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

stay clear of the cold plains always. when you see the counter going, wait in rogue encampment till he walks. then go to cold plains. there is a superunique there called bishbosh or something like that. so far I have got him there 3 out of 3 times. it is also the safest place to fight him as you have lots of flat ground to run around.

seems most people that hunt DC do it there.

7. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

The earth did NOT shake, which I thought was odd. I did leave and come back w/ a new char, but still couldn't spawn him, even tho I got the 'Diablo Walks' header w/ the new char....

8. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Then, the only solution left is to ask a friend to enter your game when you're not in, and have him try to find DC. (Also, if you have a second account with a Hell char, you can try that one.) When he has found it, you come back and give that hiding coward the treatment he deserves.

Btw, I think that this bug happens only when you clean many areas of the game while waiting for DC to spawn (like I did).

9. toader

toader Banned

Noone has asked yet, so I will.

Were you in a normal game?

Diablo Walks The Earth will appear in a normal game, but he wont be there. In NM games he will be there, but he wont drop the charm. Hell is the only mode where he will spawn and drop the charm.

10. breez

breez IncGamers Member

I have also heard that in NM it drops the charm at 20% chance. Although I have never even saw someone with screenshot of DC in NM difficulty in realms. Can someone here confirm that it can spawn in NM (in realms, SP hacks don't count ;P )

11. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i got my second anilus last night, got the soj counter, then sure enough, about 10 min into mfing, i got the "diablo walks the earth"
    i went to cold plains, both times i've fought d clone have been here ^^^ same as this guy ^^^ got my d clone barb, and wasted him, he dropped me a MUCH better charm than the 1st. 1/12/18/10 the 1st one i got was sumen like 1/10/14/6, so i was very happy

if u fight him, make sure and have some crushing blow, it tears him up.
    i think the only cb i have on is steelrends and gore riders, and thats plenty

12. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

i'm pretty sure, DC can only spawn in hell difficulty.

13. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I should have pointed out earlier that I was in Hell difficulty.

I have second pc w/ a seperate accnt. I should have checked w/ that. It was so damn late tho ;)

And yes, I cleared a bunch of stuff out. Waiting on soj counter is so boring, so it was something to do. I guess next time I'll have to pick up my latest edition of Bowhunter and read it til DC walks.

Just an interesting (albeit frustrating) phenomenon that has no real answer yet.

I've only ever fought DClone once before, so I was pretty pumped when he spawned. Whatta downer it turned into :grrr: