Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo roaming....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Monez, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Diablo roaming....

Yeah well. Diablo is apparently walking the earth in my game right now. But I can't seem to find him. No one else has been in the game so I know that he is not dead. First I went to cold plains after it was announced he is walking, then went to frigid and killed eldritch, but didnt see any sign of DC. Where the heck is he?? Any help would be greatly appreciated asap...

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if you are in norm or nm, he won't appear.

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

check Dean of Evil

4. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

This response is probably too late to help you, but I believe the rule is that he will spawn in place of the first surviving superunique which you "passed" (i.e. were in the same section of the game). If the areas of the game in which you have played do not include any (surviving) superuniques, then he will spawn in place of the next superunique that you spawn.

So if I was in a game and could no longer choose where to spawn him (e.g. I went to the Cold Plains but Bishibosh was still there instead of DC), I'd retrace my steps and look for areas of the game I had travelled through that would have a superunique (one I hadn't already killed).

5. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

But you also won't get the "walks the earth" message, so this does not seem to be the issue here.

6. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Sorry I didn't get back to your responses promptly. I was just so excited. Anyways, I ended up uncovering the entire map of the first place i went after he began to walk (cold plains) and found DClone in the middle of a pack of monsters. Thanks for the replies!

Anyway- if you would like to here the rest of the story...this is my first time encountering dclone in a game. I was just mf'ing pits and happened to see that soj's were being sold every once in a while...then more rapidly. After about 90 were sold, he spawned. I started out with my 90 meteorb sorc, who didnt really put a dent in diablo because of his regen. So i had a friend join to keep the game open and lend me some gold for pots. I came back with lvl 81 concentrate barb, and ended up using him to kill dclone along with my friend's 80's sorc. After roughly 20 min (had to wait for the friend to join) i was able to tackle d, thanks to my 27k defense while attacking :). I think the gore riders/fire resist really helped. Well thats my story....my first annihilus!

7. sangfagel

Lovely! Grats. What states you got?

8. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

i must've been on the same server as you, i was doing pindle runs and on about my 20th one, i didn't even see the "xxx SOJs sold to venders" message, it just went straight to "diablo walks the earth" right when i entered. i calmly got my dclone killer into the game (after waiting to make sure the game didn't go away, of course) and thumped him. we lucked out tonight, just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and congrats on your first anni, it's my third one :buddies: :drink: :drool: :cheesy:

9. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Oooh, this monster is particularly nasty. Especially his "Double Secret Probation" attack

10. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Thanks. Not too bad of a charm as far as stats go. It's 10%exp, +10 att (could've been better), and +16 resists, plus the skills bonus of course. Wow what a great night.

BTW, Cod what stats you get on your anni last night?

11. Takumi_X

Takumi_X IncGamers Member

whats the best char/build to take on the dclone?

12. sangfagel

He he.. I didn´t get any Anni this night but before... It was 14,16,8 and 18, 18, 8.... Oh - just be happy - you slain this ****** afer all :lol:

13. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

20/12/6, not great, but still, considering i was just planning on doing some mfing, it works for me :thumbsup:

14. FatalError

FatalError IncGamers Member

2 annis in one night, how they hell do you find dclone that much i've only seen him twice ever

15. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

Hi guys. Looks like it was a very active night for the Diablo Clone. DC appeared in my USWest game last night too. I was soloing and took him down in about 5 minutes with my level ** Pally Hammerdin...and out pops a 'small charm'. Man was I excited! Then, I id the charm...stats where 11 attributes/10 resists/5 exp gained...not the best stats...of course some people don't even have one, so I was thrilled non-the-less. I wish everyone could get at least one chance at DC.

16. SDC Pred

SDC Pred IncGamers Member

I've fought him 5 times, 2 of the times the charm was for others, I lost 1 cuz I had to leave immediately, and I gained the other 2 Anni's. One was 20/19/10 :lol: and it's on my nec, who happens to be the most powerful char I got. The other was 16/11/6, still alright. I'd be glad to help anyone kill DC, I don't need the charm, just want to fight him :) Give me a PM if you happen to see him in your game.