Diablo old mod, please help

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo old mod, please help

Hey guys i was gona do a diablo 2 lan and i was looking for this old tweak that changes teh amount of players to 8 no matter what.

ive looked all over and cant seem to find anything about it.

Do you guys know how ti can do this? I need to make the game harder cuz im too good at it :(

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
wow that was simple.. lol

does anyone know any possibly simple mods that just make the game a bit harder or anything?

Lord Nyax

Banned
Trust me, I think the game is plenty hard as it is. If you're untwinked you're gonna have a hard time making it through Hell...

Of course, there is an easy way to make the game more difficult. Stop using certain items/skills. There are tons of play styles out there. White Items, Blue Items, Naked, 1 Skill Tree, no Uniques...just limit how you play to make it harder on yourself...if you really need it...

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
Trust me, I think the game is plenty hard as it is. If you're untwinked you're gonna have a hard time making it through Hell...

Of course, there is an easy way to make the game more difficult. Stop using certain items/skills. There are tons of play styles out there. White Items, Blue Items, Naked, 1 Skill Tree, no Uniques...just limit how you play to make it harder on yourself...if you really need it...

Well im not going ot be going through hell il be playing the game from the start so i doubt il make it that far esp in single player lan.

so any more difficult mods would beg ood, cuz normal is pretty simple. The furthest id imagine myself getting is to end of nightmare

Gorny

Banned
Well im not going ot be going through hell il be playing the game from the start so i doubt il make it that far esp in single player lan.

so any more difficult mods would beg ood, cuz normal is pretty simple. The furthest id imagine myself getting is to end of nightmare
If you are looking for mods for DII, then the SP forum is the best place.

If you like, I can move this thread there for you.

Only catch is that if you use a mod to play the game in SP, there are issues regarding the use of mods that will cause problems in SP trade in the SP forum.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
If you are playing over a LAN then you are looking for the Single Player forum. The name is a bit misleading because it also covers multi-player over a LAN and TCP/IP.

The only thing they are not really happy with is open battlenet where you take your single player characters onto the realm.

As has been stated, the /players1 /players8 command works fine on single player/LAN/MP game so it isn't actually a different mod. Gorny is (always) right: any mod apart from RWM/RRM isn't accepted; and RWM/RRM has to be declared on trade/mp.

Pop over to the SPF. Have a drink at the Bar and mind your shins.

Thynqikan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hardest play style I can suggest is "Iron Man".
there are many versions of it, here is mine:

1. Play any character any way you want. This means any skills and put stats where you want.

2. Only use the items you find in the game.

3. No Money. This means no repairs, no buying equipment, no buying portal or Identifies.

4. No trades.

5. You must attain all waypoints.

6. You must complete all quests.

While it doesnt sound that hard, try it.

Thynqikan

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
no repairs....um that sounds a bit rediculous. Do you guys know a trainer that i could use to make my characters start out in nm, at like level 36 or something with all empty skills and stats, and no weapons.

that way i could start from nightmare like that.???

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
no repairs....um that sounds a bit rediculous. Do you guys know a trainer that i could use to make my characters start out in nm, at like level 36 or something with all empty skills and stats, and no weapons.

that way i could start from nightmare like that.???

Why? The game too hard for you at level 1 in normal?

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
i think what im gona do is this

start in nightmare with a trainer, at LEVEL 38, all skills and stats unnaranged.
This way itl be hard to play due to beoing in nm and not even having any geer.

do you guys think 38 is a good level to start in nm? or should it be like 35 or 40?

Thynqikan

Diabloii.Net Member
There are other ways to repair that come from drops. You cant use MONEY is all I said. You can repair using the Horadric cube.
Try my Iron man game. It is hard to beat Normal let alone further in the game. it is extremely challenging.

By the way: using a trainer and going into NM at lvl 38 without gear is a waste of time. You wont kill anything, all you will do is die to the first mob you fight. Or, are you planning to twink the heck out of your character? If so, what is the point?

I am done here.

Thynqikan

brotha

Diabloii.Net Member
There are other ways to repair that come from drops. You cant use MONEY is all I said. You can repair using the Horadric cube.
Try my Iron man game. It is hard to beat Normal let alone further in the game. it is extremely challenging.

By the way: using a trainer and going into NM at lvl 38 without gear is a waste of time. You wont kill anything, all you will do is die to the first mob you fight. Or, are you planning to twink the heck out of your character? If so, what is the point?

I am done here.

Thynqikan
i was thinking like giivng each character 10,000 gold to buy what ever supplies they need in town. That way you wont have nothing, but just crappy but useable stuff.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
i was thinking like giivng each character 10,000 gold to buy what ever supplies they need in town. That way you wont have nothing, but just crappy but useable stuff.
Read that and try to focus on playing the game and having fun. Is it really necessary to jump through the game like that? :rolleyes:

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
I have lost the link - but a Program (VERY ANTI_BN Rules) Allows an illegle operation that "tweaks" PvM Dmg - So if you normaly take 1 hit to kill a monster now it takes up to 50 or more - If you find it Dont use it : + BN can sue you for "tweaking" the program structure.

You can also just play your char with CRAP Equips LOL that makes it plenty hard to play.