Diablo Not Attacking Glitch?

IceWeazel

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo Not Attacking Glitch?

Well last night i was trying to solo diablo in normal at level 20 or so. I had my merc with me and i ran from diablo to the left side of where he spawns, up against the little pillar that comes out of the wall. My merc started attacking him and Diablo stopped attacking, he just walked back and forth in the little corner as if he was stuck, but never once attacked me or my merc. Finally after i got him to half health he did his ring of fire and killed my merc, then he was able to get out and.. kill me. Wonder if anyone has had this happen to them?

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
I've witnessed this on lower scales

IceWeazel said:
Well last night i was trying to solo diablo in normal at level 20 or so. I had my merc with me and i ran from diablo to the left side of where he spawns, up against the little pillar that comes out of the wall. My merc started attacking him and Diablo stopped attacking, he just walked back and forth in the little corner as if he was stuck, but never once attacked me or my merc. Finally after i got him to half health he did his ring of fire and killed my merc, then he was able to get out and.. kill me. Wonder if anyone has had this happen to them?
Monster routines tend to cycle back and forth doing the same, useless thing if they encounter a situation they don't know how to deal with. If your merc or you or something significant changes the circumstances (such as positioning something or someone along that pace path) then the routine bails and chooses a different course of action. While it's unusual for a monster, especially an act unique, to simply not attack, it's happened before.

skilledlord

Diabloii.Net Member
I think this happened to me once or twice. He must have realized I was too POWERFULLLLLLLLL 4 HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol:

xlegolasxgimlyxstriderx

Diabloii.Net Member
this happens to me when i do ancients with my hammerdin often. sometimes one or two of the ancients just sit in there spawn area and take damage from my hammers.