Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Diablo bergen, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Diablo bergen

Diablo bergen IncGamers Member

Diablo III

somebody know anything about this? i friend told me that diablo III was being planned by blizzard, is this BS og fact? really curios about this :p

greetings patrick ;)

2. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

That basically depends on if your friend works at blizzard and if he has violated NDA.

3. Diablo bergen

hi,im from norway so im not quite sure of what you mean of NDA? i assume that you mean that there is no D3?

pardon my english,it's not superb :p

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

No official anouncement.

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

NDA = non disclosure agreement - agreement not to publicize any information about his work.

I believe Kuafu was making a joke. There are lots of rumours about D3 - search the forum for a few.

Don't worry about your English it is fine. Do you still have to learn your two native languages and English in school?

6. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry about that!
    Kind of, but I think what I said is true nonetheless. There's no offical announcement or denial so far, so any information you heard from outside of Blizzard is most likely false. I do think that (some) people inside Blizzard should know the truth now (which of course might change later), but I don't believe any of them is allowed to talk about any of that without severe punishment (losing job to be the minimum I guess).

7. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

Two native languages + english + either german/french(/spanish)

Back on topic:
    As for D3, I guess the release information will come very close to the potential release itself. After all the Starcraft-Ghost buzz I guess that Blizzard learned something..

8. Kajusta

Kajusta IncGamers Member

Yeah..I really don't think 'Diablo 3' is in the making as of yet, you might as well wait for Hellgate:London :)

9. Diablo bergen

what is this hellgate london? is it similiar to diablo or did i misunderstand everything now :p
    thanks to everybody that has answered me, i guess i just have to wait in pain for a comfirmation or not about D3, but my god if it comes i belive that it will be pretty insain :p

10. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

A fair amount of the people thatm ade D2 together are working on Hellgate. It's an FPS RPG game.

11. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

You can read all about Hellgate here (I love pimping the new site :azn:).

Concerning D3, the rumor mill is always spinning and it's impossible to seperate fact from fiction. However, Diablo is a popular and successful franchise and I strongly doubt that Blizzard has any plans to abandon it.

12. Tanith

Tanith IncGamers Member

They don't. I got an email today from Richard A. Knaak, the author of three of the D2 novels. I had emailed him asking about the "Sin War" novels he's working on (the first, Birthright, is due out in another week or so). I was fishing for news of the upcoming novels for a story I'm writing for the website with which I am associated. However, he offered me this surprising tidbit:

"Oh, and remind them that I would not be working on this saga if Diablo was a dead world."

Now, there are three of these "Sin War" novels (he's almost finished the second one, Scales of the Serpent). That suggests to me that Bliz fully intends to keep the franchise alive.

Tanith :jig:

13. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Diablo III is the gaming equivalent of GnR's "Chinese Democracy."

- Noodle

14. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Hopefully not like Duke Nuk'em Forever.

15. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

I believe Chinese government keeps saying that there's democracy in China even though US keeps denying/rejecting/ignoring the notion. I don't remember Blizzard ever mentioned the existence of D3.

16. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I'm sorry, I was a bit obscure in my reference. GnR (the band 'Guns n Roses') have been working on their new album, titled "Chinese Democracy," for the last thirteen years. It wasn't meant as a political comment, just a musical one. I'll leave discussion of Chinese political freedoms to the Tiananmen Square types.

- Noodle