Diablo III Logo Conspiracy Theory... Need Your Help

HÃ¥les

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo III Logo Conspiracy Theory... Need Your Help

Blizzard's use of occult symbolism throughout their games is well-known.

The Diablo III Logo has an interesting symbol hidden behind the word "Diablo" — it appears to be a astrological chart
pointing to a specific date.

From what I can see, there are 16 circles around a central object. From this central object are 10 points (10 symbolic of the sun, cult of Aton, A(ten), etc.) and it also appears these 16 circles are a combination of orbits and constellation coordinates.

However, I can't seem to find any artwork provided by blizzard (in the fansite kit, etc.) where the logo appears with just the layer of the symbol. Too much is concealed behind the word "Diablo" to decipher it with the current resolution images available.

I'd speculate, without seeing in full, and knowing a little bit about B Lizzard... the symbol behind the logo points to a date in the near future, 2012 — 2014 timeframe.

I'm requesting the highest resolution image available of this logo to find out more.

Nizaris

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore
Re: Diablo III Logo Conspiracy Theory... Need Your Help

Try downloading the fansite kit. They probably have some high-res pics for you.

Also, I'd laugh if the date was hiding in plain site all this time.

z00t

Diabloii.Net Member

I doubt they'd point to a future date unless it's in the VERY near future :p.

Even Blizzard wouldn't know for CERTAIN their own release dates a year down the line - they can get changed so easily, as we've seen especially with D3 stuff :p.

Galabab

Diabloii.Net Member

it would sureley help the discussion at least to link the picture of the logo.

LuMpX

Diabloii.Net Member

And those words are german. But since the biggest part is obscurred by the word "Diablo" I can't make a single sentence out of it. Just a few words like "Die Rache" (the revenge), "Verdammte Seele" (cursed soul), "Die Zauber", "Bosheit" and so on and so forth...

HÃ¥les

Diabloii.Net Member

And those words are german. But since the biggest part is obscurred by the word "Diablo" I can't make a single sentence out of it. Just a few words like "Die Rache" (the revenge), "Verdammte Seele" (cursed soul), "Die Zauber", "Bosheit" and so on and so forth...
Amazing find there — I noticed to the words too but was unable to tell what they were. Did you make them out from the image, or another source? Even with the high res image provided by Diabolical its difficult to make them out.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

MWUHAHAHAH it is with precision I strike!

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Archive/Welling.html

But my first link is possibly more appropriate, especially in context of Diablo III.

After reading the Deutsch wiki link, I perused some google image results and I noticed a few images that appeared to be a mixture of an older style of German and also I noticed some Hebrew characters, so I went straight to kabbalism.

Interesting stuff, kabbalism. I'm wondering just who, on the dev team, knew about something so ****ing obscure.

droppin

Diabloii.Net Member

maybe that priest was right :scratchchin::tongue:

TheShaft

Diabloii.Net Member

Holy **** this looks like serious business... It appears that some of the devs are truly satanists! Or at least the marketing team!

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

I lol'd at the marketing team. But kabbalism isn't satanism, thought I'd clear that up. It's a form of mysticism available to orthodox jewish folks (hebrew, obviously), and from what I was told by a friend, you have to be over thirty to start learning about it.

It's a lot of numerology, astrology, looking for hidden patterns in the kabala, things like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah Check it out, it's actually very interesting.

I've been thinking about how an artist, a graphic artist, would stumble upon that image. I would have to think that (since I highly doubt they stumbled across the actual writing) they searched google for "occult" and just began sifting through links until they found something relevant and saved it for later. I would be willing to bet that the artist doesn't even remember what this image is in reference to, unless they bookmarked it or something.

Such a ****ing weird thing to find.

droppin

Diabloii.Net Member

It could be coincidence, but that's highly improbable. They could've used anything (or nothing) behind the Diablo 3 logo and it would have been cool. Something tells me that symbol was not an accident.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

I would assume that they used it simply because it looks cool, and if you translate the text on the logo on its own, it basically speaks of an "end of days" and uses cosmology in the imagery to deliver a type of prophecy, just like in D3.
If you separate the image from its source, it makes a lot of sense, and it does look pretty nifty.

HÃ¥les

Diabloii.Net Member

I would assume that they used it simply because it looks cool, and if you translate the text on the logo on its own, it basically speaks of an "end of days" and uses cosmology in the imagery to deliver a type of prophecy, just like in D3.
If you separate the image from its source, it makes a lot of sense, and it does look pretty nifty.
Yes — "end of days" is what I suspected as well.

By the way — you strike with precision and excellence, you've mostly solved the riddle.

The end of days symbolism is appearing more and more, no need to reference that. Could it be from the impending high density object in our outer solar system scheduled to return any end of day now? Will the new Atlantis fall last like the last? Is Diablo III the perfect distraction for the masses so we can die in a trance happily looking at our Monk's glyphs? ;)

HÃ¥les

Diabloii.Net Member

It could be coincidence, but that's highly improbable. They could've used anything (or nothing) behind the Diablo 3 logo and it would have been cool. Something tells me that symbol was not an accident.
The ghost cities build by China are no accident either. The 188 cycle of major earthquakes the past 3 years are no accident or coincidence. We're in it now, and someone on the B Lizzard team is throwing us a bone — for those with eyes to see as it were indeed!!

HÃ¥les

Diabloii.Net Member

Also this in reference to this symbol:

http://www.darkstar1.co.uk/Taschenp323.gif

"This is not dissimilar to Dante's scheme already discussed .... I suspect that Georg von Welling (1655-1725) based his drawings upon it. Without wishing to fall into the trap of 'confusing the spirit-world with the earthly one', if this Sephiroth scheme is indicative of our solar system, then it is a self-evident binary. The main star is a large yellow one (the Sun), and the small companion is a dark red one (the Dark Star). The Dark star is associated with the Star of David, which verifies its Messianic significance. It is clear that the upper red orb isn't the Sun because of this connection with the Star of David. "

There's been much talk and speculation that we live in a Binary star system — and our sister star is a red dwarf on a large, 23,000 year orbit around the Sol star. This image plate Diablo III dev's choose to use is no coincidence, as we're at the end of the 23,000 year cycle. In the past, it's destroyed civilizations and created ELE (extinction level events) in it's passing.

This is VERY interesting find to say the least...

buddah

Diabloii.Net Member

How come you people bring this up now...we had like 4 years to notice this...lolol

blackoutchili

Diabloii.Net Member

welcome to 2008, several fansite forums dug through this symbol shortly after announcement, because this could also be found on the "tyrael" homepage