Diablo III: Going backwards

Diablo III: Going backwards

Everyone is thinking "How can there be diablo III if all the prime evils are dead?" Answer: Make Diablo III take place either before the original diablo or between the original and diablo II. Everyone is doing it..Star wars did it, Star trek did it, Batman did it why not diablo? Personally I am waiting for Hellgate: London because these are the guys who actually made the Diablo series, but who knows what these new guys at blizzard can do.

Thoughts?
 

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
The 3 prime evils can always ressurect themselves in some way. I bet they'll assault Heaven in D3, and an entire act will be staged in Heaven (Hey, you'll see Valks as NPCs heh)
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyndis, I just want to say I'm sick of having to use angelic robes on you because you just don't like to ever get HP, I can't remember the last time I saw you beyond the 17-19 range... what poor luck in growth...
 

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Gaming Steve made a post all about what his friend at Blizzard said what D3's going to be about. Gamving Steve is pretty credible, I don't think he'd just make it all up.
 

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
well also wasn't it mentioned that something in the game was just part of the brothers plans? like the soulstone being smashed at the forge, izual's 'tyrael was a fool to have trusted me', and the worldstone falling apart? from the looks of it they don't need a prequel. i think with d3 it's going to be some master plan/conspiracy put together by the 3 finally coming together.

evil is sneaky
 

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
zooply said:
i think with d3 it's going to be some master plan/conspiracy put together by the 3 finally coming together.
And you have to defeat all 3 at the same time! Wait, they already ruined that possibility.
 

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
thefranklin said:
And you have to defeat all 3 at the same time! Wait, they already ruined that possibility.
lol ya they could. i don't think uber trist is considered part of the story line (kind of like dclone)

vegan: baal can't be a ninja. those 4-legged black suits cost too much:tongue:
 

Noodle

Moderator
zooply said:
baal can't be a ninja. those 4-legged black suits cost too much:tongue:
That's a good point. I'm betting he'll be either a pirate or a used car salesman. <shudder> Or, if you want really scary, my ex-wife, Ms. Primevil herself.

- Noodle
 

Ikeren

Diabloii.Net Member
Too bad. I thought the Sin War had a lot of potential - imagine playing through the different battle fields as one of the champions of light or dark...
 
Merick said:
Gaming Steve made a post all about what his friend at Blizzard said what D3's going to be about. Gamving Steve is pretty credible, I don't think he'd just make it all up.
Linky please! Oh, what does your avatar say at the bottom?

:prop: :prop: :prop: :prop:
 

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
I have always thought that a prequel set during the Sin War would be the best bet (Diablo III: The Sin War has a great ring to it).

But don't forget that there are still the Lesser Evils that have yet to make an appearance beyond the story tomes in D1 and the D2 manual. What would stop Belial from deciding that with Baal and Mephisto gone the resurrection of Diablo would be a great idea?
 

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
Lyndis, I just want to say I'm sick of having to use angelic robes on you because you just don't like to ever get HP, I can't remember the last time I saw you beyond the 17-19 range... what poor luck in growth...
Using a Robe on her is a good idea regardless. Now strength is something that she really needs help on.
 
Top