Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo II v1.00 Hammerdin Question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Mislan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

I've recently begun playing Diablo 2 v1.00 (yes, my install disc is actually that old) and have been having a lot of fun playing a Hammerdin - does anyone know if the concentration aura actually increased the hammer damage? The indicated damage doesn't seem to change in the stats window.

Also, I've managed to collect a complete Milabrega's set by playing multiple characters on local tcp/ip networked computers to collect items. It appears that there must have been some issue with this set in the early version of Diablo 2. I was using Smite as a backup skill and I suddenly saw the damage increase dramatically during a game. I'm not sure I can say what I was doing at the time, but the damage returned to normal the next game I played. Any idea what might have happened?

2. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

There is a big with milabregas that if you equip the unequip the bonus skills remain. The when to you reequip you will go up to 2 bonus skills, this can keep happening indefinitely

Mislan likes this.
  3. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thanks, that explains what probably happened when I saw the damage increase, and why it disappeared when I started a new game.

4. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

No problems there is a decent guide to 1.0 on this site that I used when playing. I'll look it up for you when I get home tonight

5. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

I'm not sure when, or if, Concentration affected Blessed Hammer damage even though it was not reflected in the 'listed' damage. I like the fact that killing the Cow King doesn't prevent a player from re-entering the Cow Level. I've gotten quite a few set and unique items from Cow runs.

6. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I am pretty sure concentration does work from memory I'll double check tonight though

7. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Just for reference you are probably likely to get more answers from the SPF http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forums/single-player-forum.3/

Random info about the different patches
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/1-06b.676874/#post-6648843

A very good guide to 1.06b (some of it applicable to 1.00)
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/a-guide-to-classic-1-06b.745320/

I think there may have been some good info here as well
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/please-suggest-some-diablo-2-clasic-1-00-guides.718574/

Balance change in patch 1.05 mentions

"The Paladin's Concentration skill now enhances the damage of Blessed Hammer just as it did in 1.03. The damage displayed on the Character screen is correct, too"

I believe 1.04 removed the damage, it is likely it existed in 1.00 as there is no other mention of changes to blessed hammer or concentration prior to that.

Mislan likes this.
  8. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

If you want to work out if something was changed, your best bet is to look at the patch notes between 1.00 and 1.06b.

9. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thanks again!

I appreciate the links and the time you spent in researching this.

--Mislan

10. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

No problems. I was playing 1.00 about 6 months or so ago and spent ages trying to find information :). Like I said if you are playing single player it might be worth saying hello in the Single Player Forum. There are lots of helpful people there and lots of information.

11. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

I've been having a lot of fun playing v1.00 -- I have a few characters at level 30, although leveling is quite slow.

I've noticed another issue with this version that is mentioned in the release notes of updates, but that I had not encountered before. I was able to finally complete the Cathan's set, but when I equipped my sorc with it, none of the complete set bonuses appeared. Only the attributes of the individual items seemed to be in force.

I read in the release notes of one of the later patches that there was an issue with some full-set bonuses not being awarded when equipping the full set.

I am running the Apple macintosh version of Diablo 2 v1.00 on an OS 9 G3 iMac (1998 model).

12. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I'm sorry I don't think I've seen that bug (or if I did it was a long time ago)

13. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

My multi-shot Amazon, Nike, finally became a Baroness over the weekend. I'd forgotten how difficult Hell is in v1.00 with absolutely no resistances (-50% in all categories). I'm sure glad I didn't try to play her as hardcore! :D

14. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I was playing HC with my first character. Gambling for rare boots / belts / gloves is your friend.

15. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

I recently had my Paladin and Sorceress become Baron and Baroness, respectively, in version 1.00

Leveling is a slow process in Classic when you play single-player!

My paladin was a Smiter with max'd Smite / Holy Shield, and used max'd Holy Shock for wider (although very low dmg) impact.

My Sorc used Glacial Spike and Hydra (no casting delay !) - a lot of fun :)

16. Andyhasit

Andyhasit IncGamers Member

I currently have a lvl 28 blizzard sorc in nightmare act 2 softcore 1.00, maybe we could play together via tcp/ip sometime.

17. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Sorry for the late response -- been preoccupied with family matters these past weeks.

Unfortunately, the computer that I'm using to play the old version of classic is not connected to the internet, just a local network. I'll be trying to get it online in the next few weeks, and then maybe we can try.

BTW, the computer I'm using is an older iMac (1999 vintage).

Mislan