Diablo II music?

Why do I want today be the Fall Solstice?

• 'Cause you're a moron!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'Cause you're a fascsist Amerikkkan!

• 'Cause you like boobies & poing!

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo II music?

Tired of it? Love it? I want to know what you are listening to while playing :D

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I just let the winamp play on the background. It plays music from my 4GB large MP3 folder in random-repeat mod.
But I listened to original Diablo music for a long time and it's not bad, I still let the Diablo music play sometimes (especially when playing my HC characters - just for the atmosphere)

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
When i wanna listen to something other than the same music over and over again... the only music ill listen to is Nirvana, KurtCobain is like the Jesus of Music, and he own(ed) all :thumbsup:

Warrior of Light

Diabloii.Net Member
I love Diablo soundtrack, but I can't hear the same music for several hours, that I play. :)
I hear pop music radio station, metal music radio station, retro music radio station and my own collection music: Enigma, Lesiem, Era, ... (~20-30 titiles :) ) My last bought four mp3 disks contain bard lyric music, I'll hear it during my future MF runs.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
In terms of "Accurate" I dug up these titles from my 12k collection currently on disk:

Emperor: The Wanderer
Yngwie Malmsteen: Enigma Suite
Yngwie Malmsteen: Flamenco Diablo
Sepultura: Necromancer
Deathwitch: Necromancer's Rites
Dimmu Borgir: The Maelstrom Mephisto
Moonspell: Mephisto
Therion: Baal Region
Therion: Secret of the Runes
Mortician: Barbarian
Type O'Negative: Be My Druidess
Ayreon: And The Druids Turn To Stone
Slayer: Exile
Iron Maiden: The Assassin
Immortal: Blizzard Beasts

As you can (or can't) see, mostly metal...

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
In terms of "Accurate" I dug up these titles from my 12k collection currently on disk:

Emperor: The Wanderer
Yngwie Malmsteen: Enigma Suite
Yngwie Malmsteen: Flamenco Diablo
Sepultura: Necromancer
Deathwitch: Necromancer's Rites
Dimmu Borgir: The Maelstrom Mephisto
Moonspell: Mephisto
Therion: Baal Region
Therion: Secret of the Runes
Mortician: Barbarian
Type O'Negative: Be My Druidess
Ayreon: And The Druids Turn To Stone
Slayer: Exile
Iron Maiden: The Assassin
Immortal: Blizzard Beasts

As you can (or can't) see, mostly metal...

HAHAHA Dude you really have those songs!
Nice D2 ambience... :rolleyes:

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
Metal... from Aerosmith to Cinderella. And song names related to diablo:

Aerosmith - Dream on
Mötley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Judas Priest - Decapitate
Alice Cooper - Poison
The Allman brothers band - Revival
Billy Idol - It's so cruel
Ozzy Osbourne - Facing hell
Ozzy Osbourne - Zombie stomp
Scorpions - Rock you like a hurricane

Logan

Diabloii.Net Member
This aint the best band in the world, but everytime I hear them I think of D2, maybe because Iv played it so much along with D2? Anyhow, Mudvayne, the heavy metal band is *the* music for D2x ;D

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
I listen to either, country, rap, or alternative rock. With my favorite artists right now being Kenny Chesney(country), Dave Mathews Band, and Modest Mouse.

Impale Thyself

Diabloii.Net Member
A quick list would be along the lines of this:

(anything with an asterisk I listen to most)

Black Sabbath
Cannibal Corpse
Danzig
Acid Bath*
Green Jelly
Morbid Angel*
Mayhem*
Candlemass*
Impaled Nazarene
Joy Division
Nirvana
Obituary*
Rotting Christ
Sisters of Mercy
Soilent Green
Switchblade Symphony
Velvet Underground
Violent Femmes
Beethoven******

Oh yes, helvete did you perhaps get your username from a paticular place or did you decide to name yourself as such? ( I believe helvete means hell )

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Dio - Holy Diver
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell
Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera
Metallica - The Call Of Ktulu
The Doors - Five To One
Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls
Smashing Pumpkins - Tristessa
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Something's Wrong
Scorpions - In Trance
Deep Purple - Blind Man
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
Batuchka some of those songs rock:p But are all those related to Diablo or is that type you listen to? :D Dio for ever!
BTW. Helvete means hell in swedish so maybe that's where it came from?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Impale Thyself said:
helvete did you perhaps get your username from a paticular place or did you decide to name yourself as such? ( I believe helvete means hell )
Indeed it does. In my language, that is (Norwegian). In Sweedish, it is spelled the same way, and in Danish, it is spelled with a d (Helvede).

"Hell", in Norwegian, has many meanings, one of them being "luck", it is the name of a location (there is a metal festival there every year, wonder why...) and it can mean that something is coming to its end.

Knowing this will improve your magic finding abilities ;)

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh those are some of the music i listen to when playing my necro while spearing and corpse exploding unfortunate monsters in hell hehe. Mostly play necros, barbs and paladins :D

Impale Thyself

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah I see. When I said "certain place" I was referring to the metal store that Euryonmous of Mayhem(r.i.p) opened up which was named "Helvete."

I knew helvete was from Norway, so I assumed he had heard of Mayhem. The list of bands he posted also helped me guess he's genre of music which Mayhem just about falls under.

Hey I hope that made sense, I've only been speaking english for about 2 years. :(

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
usually i listen to trance or something
i HATE the music from d2, I always press "ctrl+m" to turn it off but it's annoying when it bug's so it begins & ends every time you press "m"

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Impale Thyself, you write excellent english, that's no prob :D

Of course I know Mayhem, I've missed a live concert with them... :(

Have seen Maiden (3x), Dimmu Borgir, and Satyricon (2x) tho! Even Metallica. I live too far north to see many bands, so Baal bless the internet...

ddevil

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it depends a lot on the character I play. I like the speed of the music to correlate to the speed of the character's attack. Any melee character (especially frenzy barb or zealot), I need metal - Iron Maiden, Metallica ('specially kill 'em all), Blind Guardian, Kvenkantaja (or some **** like that), Dimmu Borgir. But if I'm playing a sorc with timered spells, or a summon necro, I like something with a slower beat, like hip-hop.

Having shared, I have to ask -- does ANYONE know how to turn off the music at the title/b.net chat screens? I can't stand it anymore!

*wheeeeeeee nee neeeeee nee BOMP BOMP :teeth: